Nintendo Wii officially HACKED without modchip!

You beat me to what I was going to say about the GameCube, and that was a fairly average console in terms of sales / game sales and Nintendo saw it through to the end, the Wii has all ready outsold what they did for the Gamecube in many country's and it would not surprise me if it had all ready made more cash then it.

I cant see it effecting the Wii's lifespan in the slightest, its the best console they have had since the Snes, only a small amount of its users would be using this style of exploit (I would imagine) It wont harm it much.

If people really wanted to play pirated games, im sure they have chips all ready.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems like Nintendo are on the case, new firmware update which is setting the way for blocking out the Twilight Hack.

More info here.

http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=IOS37

So unless people never want to update there consoles (Which would mean you wont be able to play future games that require newer firmware) it looks like this hack will end soon.

Edited by emwearz

It seems like Nintendo are on the case, new firmware update which is setting the way for blocking out the Twilight Hack.

More info here.

http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=IOS37

So unless people never want to update there consoles (Which would mean you wont be able to play future games that require newer firmware) it looks like this hack will end soon.

It doesn't block the twilight hack, it "only" blocks the trucha signed disks and the freeloader IF there's another update released not yet.

The twilight hack can't be fixed IMO because they really need to fix the game to fix that bug, that would mean create a V1.1, but it would still work with 1.0 and no system update could fix that.

Edited by MasterPhW