quick question...ps2 emu devlopement

Shoma

If i hav a 2/3 gib hardvie,

decent graphic cards,

Has ps2 emulation evovled so it will laggless on my cpu?

I dont wanna d/l any iso's until i know.

So far all i see on youtube is slo-motion games, is that the current level of ps2 emulation?

Depends on the game and whether or not you have a multi-core system. To put it bluntly, graphics card means jack. As long as it has Pixel Shader 2.0 support and at the very least, 128MB of VRAM, it's still roughly the same as having the latest and greatest line of card. Well, this is true to the point where the development team starts to truly assign all graphics routines to the video card, lifting most the work from the CPU.

Depends on the game and whether or not you have a multi-core system. To put it bluntly, graphics card means jack. As long as it has Pixel Shader 2.0 support and at the very least, 128MB of VRAM, it's still roughly the same as having the latest and greatest line of card. Well, this is true to the point where the development team starts to truly assign all graphics routines to the video card, lifting most the work from the CPU.

So my dual core, 2 gib VRam will mostly likely runa at what type of speed?...

I thought it didnt matter what cpu i had, the emu just couldnt emulate it quick enough.

I thought it didnt matter what cpu i had, the emu just couldnt emulate it quick enough.

That was true in the past, but PCSX2 has improved by leaps and bounds since then. AFAIK, PCSX2 has had dual core optimizations for a while now. I can't tell you what speeds you'll get, as I am not interested in PS2 emulation nor is my computer even in the same ballpark as yours (needless to say, things go slow on my end, and I don't have a multi-core system to begin with).

Sure, 2D games will run faster than 3D ones, in general.

So my dual core, 2 gib VRam will mostly likely runa at what type of speed?...

What are your full specs, saying my dual core is not really helpful, because you could have a 2.0ghz AMD X2 or a 3.5ghz Core 2. What games did you want to play as well.

What are your full specs, saying my dual core is not really helpful, because you could have a 2.0ghz AMD X2 or a 3.5ghz Core 2. What games did you want to play as well.

OKay, here it is:

amd athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ 2.10 GHz

1982 MR ram (1Gb and something)[Forgot about that viedo thing that takes sum of my ram]

32-bit

and I wanan play games like NAruto ultimate ninja two and mvc2

Edited by Shoma

mvc2 with the fast memory patch should be enjoyable with those specs (depending on your video card, its sounds like a LE or something which are just as bad as onboard) Naruto ultimate ninja 2 may need more CPU power than you have. Give your CPU a overclock to get more speed from it.

Also dont forget that wit the X2's you need to have the AMD Dual Core Fix installed, or PCSX2 wont take advantage of your second core.

mvc2 with the fast memory patch should be enjoyable with those specs (depending on your video card, its sounds like a LE or something which are just as bad as onboard) Naruto ultimate ninja 2 may need more CPU power than you have. Give your CPU a overclock to get more speed from it.

Also dont forget that wit the X2's you need to have the AMD Dual Core Fix installed, or PCSX2 wont take advantage of your second core.

does me havin vista change anything?

Vista is fairly hit and miss with the VM build of PCSX2 (Some people never have issues, some people have a world of problems) it also slows things down by 1-3 frames in most cases.

(However if you have a DX10 card, using GSDX with DX10 gives speed boosts in some places and has compatibly fixes not found when using DX9).

Vista is fairly hit and miss with the VM build of PCSX2 (Some people never have issues, some people have a world of problems) it also slows things down by 1-3 frames in most cases.

(However if you have a DX10 card, using GSDX with DX10 gives speed boosts in some places and has compatibly fixes not found when using DX9).

Thnx dude...Im messing aroun wit it now..

Oh my, you're new here?

Its quite late but welcome to 1emu, you've already been loads of help.

Well dang!

The emu goin supa slow!

Im talkin jus about the loadin screen.

I truly believe my cpu can make the friggin intro screen go smooth AT LEAST!

Do I hav to set up some crap or hav certain settings in order to make it smooth!?!?!?

*Sigh*