IP.Board 2.3.4

Bah, switch to SMF. :(

I ran SMF for over a year and I did like it's modification options. But out of the box, I'd say this forum is better software wise.

Mods for SMF are aplenty and some are very nice.

Bah, switch to SMF. :(

I ran SMF for over a year and I did like it's modification options. But out of the box, I'd say this forum is better software wise.

Mods for SMF are aplenty and some are very nice.

Since May 8, 2005 here. And yeah, you are completely right, it does take a lot of setup to get it feeling "like home" There are a few things that annoy me about it (as a long time V-bulletin moderator/admin), but the pricing (free), and other features make it worthwhile.

• 2 weeks later...
We have never discussed upgrading. Ever. In fact, we plan on rolling back to 1.3.

Gryph is being sarcastic with you guys. I don't even think such a downgrade is possible, without ripping the SQL database (forums) to shreds.

Anyway, we hope to upgrade soon. Currently, we're running the latest stable release of the 2.1.x series, but it's time we've jumped ship. I hope to get it all done very soon. The only problem is that I have to upgrade all added modules to the forum as well, which is a pain in the ass. I also need to find a new design for the forums, which is even a bigger problem. However, it'll happen soon. I promise. :P

• 5 months later...