Emulation a tad slow lately?

emsley

Well, from when i first burst on to the scene, there hs not been anything really of a new standard for emulation, nothing new just the same old boring stuff......

When i say boring i guess it,s because it has become a luxary.

Anyone else think emulation is a tad slow on new releases for machines and hard ware?

Yup, I have'nt seen anything grand in a while. I think when CPS-3 emulators and a decent running DC emu comes out...the scene will be back. But I mainly think the lack of good emu news and what not is because with every new system/emulator for that system, you have to upgrade your computer. Hell, when I had a now 5 year old aptiva, I remember playing every Genesis, Nintendo/SNES game on it. then I went to try a PSX game and of course, it wouldnt work. had to get a new PC. Even if we do have an X-Box/PS2/GCN emulator out, we'll have to buy a graphics card and ram to go with it...thats around $400-$500. Might as well buy the system...

The only thing i have dipped my toe in is the model 2 emualtor, and my card is to slow [i am upgrading to a radeon pro]

Hopefully it will run better.

Saturn emualtion is none exsistant.

N64 emualtion is a crock of crap.

DC emualtion is well.... very hush hush or there liying [come on its only icarus we have any hopes for]

PS1 Emualtion is frikking to varied from system to system...

I want a seCzi chick emualtor!

A great load of effort is being put into cracking the actual X-box at the moment; no wonder PC emulation is a bit slow.

I guess it is ironic really. As PC gaming comes back to the fore of gaming with titles like Half Life 2, Doom 3 etc, we see a rise in hacking of consoles.