Two forms of ID?

2eyez

I need a driver's license and a major credit/debit card to be a memeber at Blockbuster. I got a driver's license but no credit card and they denied me. I personally don't like using credit cards. I think that's just dumb.

They want your credit card info so that when you return a movie too late, they can just charge some insane price for it to your credit card forcing you to purchase it, and other varied shady business practices.

Coming from someone who has been repeatedly ripped off and screwed by them, take my advise and don't rent there. Be happy they denied you. I've been boycotting them since...eh I dunno, 1995? FLOCK Blockbuster.

although I did crack and buy my XBox there, only because I had a gift card that I'm pretty sure someone deliberately got me to drive me nuts knowing my stories of the place.

Banks are one thing but Blockbuster is a joke.

When I signed up they wanted a current Drivers', and either a Passport or some bill that had both my name and residence. Seeing as the bills at my house DON'T HAVE MY NAME ON THEM, and since I didn't want to hand over my Passport to the sleazy guy behind the counter, I was denied.

I had a friend who use to work for Blockbuster so I didn't bother as he just grabbed whatever he wanted to watch and I watched them at his house.

I actually enjoyed going to Blockbuster only because I liked seeing how stupid the customers are.

One black guy drove up, came in, grabbed 10 movies then asked if he had a Blockbuster card he said he didn't have one so he was then told he had to have a card so then he fills out the form while holding up the line then when asked for a driver's liscense he said he didn't have one (due remember that he just drove) then after a few minutes of argueing he then is told how much all those movies are then said that ain't right cuz he doesn't pay taxes cuz he's a mexican (remember, I told you he was a black guy).

And this is just one customer. There were far more that we got audio or video or wrote stories about.