Which image formats support playing CD audio

Trying to get Heroes 1 and 2 CD music to work. In order to do that the game has to have access to the CD. I have a virtual drive with a mounted mdf image but it won't play the CD music in-game. I've tried a lot of options but none seem to work. Compatibility mode, turning off digital audio and activating Analog audio on Daemon Tools didn't do anything. So I've come to the conclusion that it must be the image formats the games are stored in. Didn't try burning them to a CD cuz I don't have any and I don't want to waste a DVD. Any idea in what kind of image I can convert the ccd HoMM 1 and the mds HoMM 2 to make them play audio music?

Somehow I doubt this would work. I've tried everything. I've enabled analog audio emulation with D-Tools and disabled the virtual drive's digital audio option. In Heroes 1, I got a BSoD... In Heroes 2, I got no music. I've even installed the latest Realtek sound driver which is supposed to have legacy sound card support and analog mixer support and it didn't work... I'm starting to lose hope...

I said that too, compatibility mode is more for lulz anyway. Didn't help, and the games run fine without it anyway.

edit: alcohol is just being a retarded piece of sh!t... I just grabbed the latest 120% build, (not trial, no limitations) and it does NOT have the option that it fvcking says it has in the manual...

here, let me show you

this is what their manual says: o_dparam.png

and this is how my fvcked up sh!t of a program looks like: untitled-1.jpg

I can never get Analog Audio to work properly with Daemon Tools.

Try using Alchol's virtual drive thing and mounting the image there. That's the only way I get CDA sound in PCE CD games.

To solve this audio issue, your virtual drive MUST be the lowest CD drive letter [eg. D: ]

To do this, you might need to open Drive Management to do so.

Worked for me with Half-Life 1 audio.