The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters

TapeWurm

Well I did a search and didn't see where anyone had talked about this movie at all so I wanted to make sure that all of you retro-fans were aware of it. If this topic resides somewhere else, please merge my post.

Anyway, "The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters", has recently been released on DVD after showing in very few theaters.

This documentary tells the story of video game elites Billy Mitchell and Steve Wiebe duking it out for the World Record in Donkey Kong. It shows great character elements and emotion while revolving around a scene that most people don't even know exists.

This is THE MOVIE that will hit the heart of EVERY retro-gamer / emulation fan out there. It really is very good. Please check it out.

IMDB Linky

The Trailer

Edit - Ok, so it's released on the 29th hehe. Guess I'm busted.

Edited by TapeWurm

I'm aware and have seen it, I watched it after southpark made a joke out of it in one of there episodes.

I rather enjoyed it.

Billy Mitchell was also the first person to get a perfect score in the original Pac-Man.

Edited by emwearz

wow man i havent been around that much either but i am glad to see you in the forums once again, hope to see you again and again, I don't know if i am the appropriate person to say this but welcome back again

wow man i havent been around that much either but i am glad to see you in the forums once again, hope to see you again and again, I don't know if i am the appropriate person to say this but welcome back again

Thanks for the welcome back :huh: tried coming back once before but life was still in the way. Anyway, I'm here again. Hopefully that damn life thing will not stand in the way this time.

Also wanted to add that in the bonus features, MAME and Retrocade both get mentioned while discussing emulation and hacked scoring methods, etc.