Tough 360 Games Decision

This next week on the 360, 3 games are coming out.

Lost Odyssey

Devil May Cry 4

Turok

I've already bought Lost Odyssey since I got it kinda cheap. But out of Devil May Cry 4 and Turok... which should I get? I only have money for one.

I hate it when a bunch of things get released at the same time :P

We can't around here. Between the range of about 5 stores near me, all they have is Halo 3, and then 4-5 launch titles. Renting new games is out of the question sadly.

There are demos for both on Xbox Live however. I thoroughly enjoy the Turok demo, but the DMC4 one was a bit meh-ish. That is to say underwhelming since I had been dead set on buying it over Turok up until the point where I got the demo.

I suppose the real questions are whether Turok will likely be the same fun all the way to the end (why shouldn't it?) and if DMC4 will get better or not.

if I had to choose I'd go with turok. DMC just seemed not so good. but my real advise is get that 360 modded use your money for some verbatum dvd+r dl and if you need one a dvd dl burner. then it won't be an issue :(

BK is on Xbox Live, modding an Xbox 360 is not worth the risk compared to modding the original Xbox. Getting banned from Xbox Live is easier than ever, if that does happen than he'll miss out on demos and updates!

Edited by Hexter

I think I set my hopes way to high for Turok. I've been waiting for a good proper sequel to the n64 titles. I'd go with DMC4, but NG2 might end up being way better. How is Lost Odyssey anyways?

I think I set my hopes way to high for Turok. I've been waiting for a good proper sequel to the n64 titles. I'd go with DMC4, but NG2 might end up being way better. How is Lost Odyssey anyways?

Should be in the mail today or tomorrow (if not I won't get it until next Monday :/). I'll let you know as soon as it turns up.

BK is on Xbox Live, modding an Xbox 360 is not worth the risk compared to modding the original Xbox. Getting banned from Xbox Live is easier than ever, if that does happen than he'll miss out on demos and updates!

meh I've been on live with a modded box for almost a year. only one person on my friends list has been banned for modding. I think the bans are far less common then we'd been led to believe.

Ok so I've been playing Lost Odyssey.. here are a few quick impressions;

-There are framerate issues all over the place during in-engine cutscenes. Gameplay is smooth and there are so many pre-rendered scenes that the issues stand out when they do happen.

-Voice acting is generally pretty strong in English.

-The gameplay in general is an enormous knockoff of the modern (pre-11, post-6) Final Fantasy games.

-The battling is incredibly difficult- I am getting wiped out again and again by random encounters so much that I am either completely missing something or this is the hardest turn-based RPG I have ever played.