Sylvester Stallone defends using HGH (Human growth hormone)

Alpha

Sylvester Stallone says he used human growth hormone to get buff for the new "Rambo" movie, and defends its use. "HGH (human growth hormone) is nothing," the 61-year-old actor tells Time magazine in its Feb. 4 issue. "Anyone who calls it a steroid is grossly misinformed."

Because it is nearly undetectable, HGH has become a substance of great concern in major league baseball and other sports battling allegations of rampant doping.

"Testosterone to me is so important for a sense of well-being when you get older," he says. "Everyone over 40 years old would be wise to investigate it because it increases the quality of your life. Mark my words. In 10 years it will be over the counter."

Stallone directed and co-wrote the new "Rambo" movie, which arrived in theaters Friday.

I don't know why HGH is now being condoned by actors. Unless I'm misinformed, all sports ban the use of HGH and consider it a "steroid". And wasn't it only a few months ago that Stallone was arrested for possession of HGH and he threw a million little bottles out the window so the police couldn't find the evidence?

I find this very depressing because as a Rocky fan, Stallone was always on the top of my list. Hell, who could forget in Rocky 4 (IV) when Ivan Drago is injected with a dose of steroids, whereas Rocky is killing himself naturally out in the wilderness to get in shape for the fight? Those were the glory days of anti-steroid messages, aka that hard work pays off in the end. Now we're stuck again with "easy fixes" to be buff and muscular. Stallone doesn't have his head screwed on right if he thinks HGH is ever going to be over the counter.

Hell, I was watching "Larry King Live" the other night and Susan Somers was telling Larry that she also takes a dose of HGH. WTF? Women now need testosterone?

IMO, HGH off the counter would destroy sports and the Olympics too.

You sir are correct!!!

Yet all atheletes want one thing, TO WIN!!! So yes, in the spirit of winning, they will push forward , YET FAIL!!

Stallone, ur movies are cool, but, ur an idiot.

AMEN my brother! :(

Stallone's an idiot. He thinks he can get away with anything since he is a superstar. SHould thrown him into jail for the drug "trafficking" offence.

Try coming to Malaysia with that. He'll get hang for sure.