are you an achievement whore?

Inky

are you an achievement junkie? or could you care less? me I am somewhere in the middle. I will make an attempt to get as many achievements as I can in a game but I will not break my back to get em if they are super hard. or the game becomes un-fun. I'm up to 16690 right now but my potential is like 65,000 of something like that.

edited for grievous spelling error in title ;)

Edited by garageink

don't really care unless i'm very good at the game.

Don't understand your last sentence.

the last sentence is in regard to my actual vs potential gamerscore. If I got every achievement in every game I've played on the 360 my score would be around 65000 points.

I have only 1150pts, i think. out of the possible of less than 10000. :(

Not an achievement whore. THe only game i achieved a lot is Mass Effect since I played a lot out of it.

The reasons I don't maxed out most achievements is due to the silly requirement behind it. FOr example: in Conan, one of the achievements

is to throw your opponent 500 times. I mean WTF?!? THey want you to perform just one move most of the time you play through the game?!?

As if the game is not monotonous enough???

• 1 month later...
Achievements are also imbalanced in their distribution... you can play NFSMW and get the full 1000 by just doing the 7-10 hour story mode.. where as other games make some of the secret achievements virtually impossible.

Like 10,000 kills in gears of war :-)

Edited by vision7943

In the middle. Online/multiplayer achievements are somewhat impossible for me. I think the only MP achievement I have is for Guitar Hero 3 and that was because I wanted to unlock the songs you can only get through MP but other than that I ain't killing myself trying to get them all.

Achievements are also imbalanced in their distribution... you can play NFSMW and get the full 1000 by just doing the 7-10 hour story mode.. where as other games make some of the secret achievements virtually impossible.

Like 10,000 kills in gears of war :P

Those kind of achievements always seem to be thrown in to make people think that they're getting a really long game. I hated gears of war.