Ingame save fail?

Ructo

Okay... On PLENTY of my games I have to save in game... I've tried different save types, Flash 512k, EEPROM 64k, and FRAM32k... None work... They all crash D: Well the screen dims and says.... Saving.. Do not turn off DS. Then it says Error Reinsert the ds card and try again. Or something like that. Gah! It doesn't like me! Also.. I have the latest no$gba o.o The game I am currently trying the hardest to save: Pokemon Ranger ... Followed by Lifesigns ... and following that would be megaman ZX.... Megaman saves in game but when I go to load it.. It's not there >> And lifesigns just says. Attempt failed. I haven't tried other save types for Lifesigns or Megaman but I have for Pokemon Ranger

Save me T-T

For the savetype change to work, must must have remembered to click Save Settings after making a change in the No$Gba configuration. Also IIRC (but don't quote me on this), you need to have selected the correct savetype before even booting the game. It's too late if you start messing with the save type mid-game.

For the savetype change to work, must must have remembered to click Save Settings after making a change in the No$Gba configuration. Also IIRC (but don't quote me on this), you need to have selected the correct savetype before even booting the game. It's too late if you start messing with the save type mid-game.

I tried that... In all ways... My save settings are set saved in stone.... When I change them.. I save again.. I think. o.o Let me try it again... I'll edit the post if it works or not.

[Edit]

YEAH!

<3

Yayme.jpg

There you go people if you want the perfect settings for saving on Pokemon Ranger ^.~ It's true... All you got to do is change your save type before you boot the game.. Sadly... Most games have a good 10 minute start up before you can even GET to a save point xD

Thanks Agozer!

Edited by Agozer

Yeah, I figured this was the case. You're welcome.

P.S. It's worth noting that the recently released No$Gba 2.6a has automatic savetype detection, so no more problems like this.

Yup you just need to reset the game every time you change the settings or else they wont work

• 10 months later...

Well, have you remember red to click Save Setting/Options every time you change the settings. Also, you have to restart the emulator and the game after you've made changes.

And finally, you have to make sure that the game doesn't have even attempted to create any save files in the Battery folder (delete the file if the game has done so) and then you need to start the game from scratch. Final question: Are you trying to load a battery save, or a save state? There is a difference between the two. I'm asking because No$gba is notorious for crashing when you try to load save states.