MooglyGuy

Just to revive this thread, you really should read some comments by MooglyTwo, one of the MAME devs or something like that, who thins he's the "uber" coder or anything like this.

Give this a read, it's crazy, he seems to think he's some kind of an elite coder or something like this. Wonder what's wrong with him:

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?p=395935

(Sorry to link on another board, but I thought I have to share his comments with all of you!!!)

Just to revive this thread, you really should read some comments by MooglyTwo, one of the MAME devs or something like that, who thins he's the "uber" coder or anything like this.

Give this a read, it's crazy, he seems to think he's some kind of an elite coder or something like this. Wonder what's wrong with him:

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?p=395935

(Sorry to link on another board, but I thought I have to share his comments with all of you!!!)

Moogly isn't really a MAMEDev, he's just a dickhead that happens to know a bit about programming. He has the worst, most self-righteous attitude I've ever seen. He certainly thinks he knows more than everyone else. While Haze, R.Belmont, Guru, and a few others do have some very bad attitudes (which I assume is from dealing with the 'kiddies' they're always on about) (and I have had some good dealings with Haze), there are some people in the MAME project that are genuinely nice people (Aaron Giles).

• Like 1

Haze and Aaron Giles I find are some of the nicestest people on the dev team. Haze loves to work things out and that's what I like about him, and Aaron overall is just a great person.

Well look where he's posting. Emutalk has to have the largest number of asswipes per capita on any emulation site around. I was treated very poorly there and refuse to go back.

Wow. 100% agreed. I was banned there for no other reason than supporting a rival emulation site.

Still banned, 5 years later.

MooglyGuy is (or rather was) legendary at the mame.net forum (when it existed) for insulting newbies. However he has calmed down considerably over the last year. What is in that thread is a mere shadow of his former attitude. He was recently banned off mameworld, probably for insulting someone.

Still, he spends time working on N64 emulation.

-- removed dead link --

MooglyGuy is (or rather was) legendary at the mame.net forum (when it existed) for insulting newbies. However he has calmed down considerably over the last year. What is in that thread is a mere shadow of his former attitude. He was recently banned off mameworld, probably for insulting someone.

Still, he spends time working on N64 emulation.

Gryph and I know MooglyGuy pretty well. Maybe Gryph doesn't remember, but he interviewed Moogly in our 2nd Radio Show, called "Where the roms at?".

You can listen to it here:

Radio show info: http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php...st&p=138968

» Unedited Recording is Online (Higher Quality) -> Download Now!
» Edited/Clean Recording is Online (Lower Quality) -> Download Now!

I've had quite a few conversations with MooglyGuy over the years. I found MooglyGuy because he's a staff member at Zophar's Domain. In fact, he became a staff member on "06.03.03" and was a "General Maintainer" (courtesy of Archive.org) .... I'm assuming that's in 2003.

He mentioned some things about when Elazul ran Zophar's for a brief period on the radio show, which pissed off SwampGas (owner of Zophar). Moogly then blamed our radio show and the sound quality of it, complaining that people couldn't "hear" what he really said. However, what he said was loud and clear, and I was even able to make a transcript of his words in notepad and sent it to him. He eventually apologized, but if you search hard enough on Zophar's, you'll find the thread I'm talking about where he trashes us for it.

Also, if it wasn't for MooglyGuy, we would have interviewed David R. Foley at the peak of the MAME trademark controversy. However, I took his advice and stopped the radio interview from happening, which I regret now. I think today it would have been great to hear the other side of the story. Of course, I blame myself, not Moogly.

our 2nd Radio Show, called "Where the roms at?".

And I bet the location of roms was never discussed. :mad:

Of course not. The reason why we named the radio show "Where the roms at?" was because it was right after we changed the board rules. :(