Assassin's Creed PC Specs

Wizard

In order to play this game properly, your PC MUST meet or exceed these minimum requirements:

Supported OS: Windows XP / Vista (only)

Processor: Dual core processor 2.6 GHz Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or better recommended)

RAM: 2 GB (3 GB recommended)

Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 10.0–compliant video card or DirectX 9.0–compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (512 MB video card recommended) (see supported list)*

Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 or 10.0 compliant sound card (5.1 sound card recommended)

DirectX Version: DirectX 10.0 libraries (included on disc)

DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive

Hard Drive Space: 12 GB

Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)

*Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:

ATI RADEON X1300-1950 / HD 2000 / 3000 series

NVIDIA GeForce 6600-6800 / 7 / 8 / 9 series

Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game.

NOTICE: This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some disc and virtual drives.

http://www.yougamers.com/news/17001_ubisof...ssassins_creed/

WHAT THE HELL? 3 GB?

and with that monster PC you get to climb the same building over and over. it takes alot of PC horsepower to sit on benches and eavesdrop.

I agree with BK, the one that tends to disagree are either an "Assassin's Creed" fanboy/girl or a well paid moron that doesn't give a damn about anybody else.

With laptop gaming on the rise, surely PC Games have got to have a set standard on optimisation (sooner and later) as laptop are not as upgradable as desktop.

Edited by Hexter

Those min requirements don't make sense, it says DX10.0 lib's is the min DX version but under GFX card it says "DirectX 9.0–compliant card with Shader Model 3.0".

I never judge things off apparent specs needed, everyone was telling me I needed Tri SLI'ed 8800GTX's to get Crysis running, and it run just fine on my setup on ultra high, so im not to worried.

In general console ports always feel gluggy and poorly done.