UFC - Brock Lesnar Vs Frank Mir (Spoilers!)

DropDeadEd

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watch it. Although he lost, but Brock was still able to take down Mir twice. Twice! I would say not bad. But he forget to defend his legs and there it goes.

Mir said in his interview that Brock's arms were huge and he wasn't looking to do any kind of arm submission. He then looked at his legs and realized they're quite smaller and let Brock punch him a few times (while trying to block) and eventually was able to put him in a leg submission.

Just watch it. Although he lost, but Brock was still able to take down Mir twice. Twice! I would say not bad. But he forget to defend his legs and there it goes.

Mir said in his interview that Brock's arms were huge and he wasn't looking to do any kind of arm submission. He then looked at his legs and realized they're quite smaller and let Brock punch him a few times (while trying to block) and eventually was able to put him in a leg submission.

The more I look at it, the more I see that Mir was truly saved by that point deduction. He got a bit time to get level headed and figure out the win.

Lesnar totally dominated Mir in almost every aspect of the fight. He just got caught. That seems to be the popular opinion everywhere. He owned Mir on the ground, almost no competition for him in the stand up, and really had no difficulty. He really just let his guard down and used the worst escape possible for a knee lock.

Main event was a much better/more important fight. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira finished Tim Silvia in the third round with a wonderful come from behind submission.

But the title of this thread is for this fight.

Edited by DropDeadEd

The more I look at it, the more I see that Mir was truly saved by that point deduction. He got a bit time to get level headed and figure out the win.

Lesnar totally dominated Mir in almost every aspect of the fight. He just got caught. That seems to be the popular opinion everywhere. He owned Mir on the ground, almost no competition for him in the stand up, and really had no difficulty. He really just let his guard down and used the worst escape possible for a knee lock.

Well, I hope Lesnar will work on his leg's defence now. Everyone would be targettting there in the future.

Brock Lesnar's last fight (and only) was a joke and should not be considered anything. Frank Mir does not lack in stand up, he trained Kempo Karate and kickboxing -- his problem is that he gases a lot. His submissions are really quick and lethal though, and all we know about Lesnar is that he's a great wrestler. How's Lesnar's submission defense and game? Could he defend against a lethal submission artist?

hahaha

And Ed, you're really giving Lesnar too much credit. We've already established he's a powerful guy with incredible wrestling skills before the fight, but he tapped out in less than two minutes which means that he has little defense against submissions.