UFC - Brock Lesnar Vs Frank Mir (Spoilers!)

DropDeadEd

Brock Lesnar's last fight (and only) was a joke and should not be considered anything. Frank Mir does not lack in stand up, he trained Kempo Karate and kickboxing -- his problem is that he gases a lot. His submissions are really quick and lethal though, and all we know about Lesnar is that he's a great wrestler. How's Lesnar's submission defense and game? Could he defend against a lethal submission artist?

What? Mir has been known to suffer from a weak stand up game.

His last two fights have proved this. He has never been the same since the accident.

Brock might take this one easily if Mir doesn't become hungry for a win.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you're distorting the line of good stand up and old fashion gas outs here my friend. As far as I'm concerned we have yet to see anything amazing by Lesnar...

you're telling me Frank Mir gassed in one minute against Brandon Vera?

Lesnar showed he had power to make Min Soo Kim tap out from guarded strikes.

Perhaps you're distorting the line of good stand up and old fashion gas outs here my friend. As far as I'm concerned we have yet to see anything amazing by Lesnar...

Vera is one of the BEST strikers in MMA.

Lesnar made some tomato can tap from guarded strikes.

Vera is one of the BEST strikers in MMA.

Lesnar made some tomato can tap from guarded strikes.

Min Soo Kim took several punches from a man like Mighty Mo Sigilia. Granted, he was eventually knocked out. But, to see him tap out to only a couple from Brock in guard is something noteworthy.

HAHAHA he took the fight in like a week or two days notice! Anyways, if it shows anything noteworthy it's that Lesnar has a good ground and pound... IF it even shows that. We know nothing about Lesnar's stand up game whatsoever. He's a mystery man.

forget Lesner, heres the real question. why can't guys from pride win in the UFC. with the exception of rampage I haven't seen one recently hyped pride guy do anything but get punched in the face repeatedly.

Anderson wasn't hyped though. I am talking about the cro cops, the wanderlai silva's the shogun hua's there have been a few others recently I can't think of right now. I mean from what I had seen of the axe murder I was expecting a brutal exciting fight. instead dude just stood there and got punched.

There is more factors playing into there defeats, but to set here and list/dwell on them would just be tedious, annoying, and sound like excuses. In the end they lost, as all fighters do at some point.

Most UFC fighters that went straight to PRIDE and a fought a top pride fighter/pride veteran got defeated too. So it go's both ways, different ring format and different rules ultimately change everything. fighters just need time to adjust is all.