DS2Win Fusion 0.81 Series

monkeynz

DS2Win Fusion v0.81c - March 26, 2008

-----------------------------------------

DS2Win Fusion is a program designed to allow you to do ALL the things you could do with your PC, harnessing the

wireless capabilities and touch screen for maximum usability. Play movies, games and browse the net, check emails,

the sky is the limit! All you need is a windows PC and a wireless router or card.

This is an customized build of the Win2DS client and server, both the client and server have been enhanced

to provide new features, higher speed and service quality.

Note: This release will probably need to be DLDI patched before using (unless you have a R4DS like me and its done automatically)

Changelog:

----------

0.81c

server - zoom levels now gradually increase by 0.125 between 1x-2x

client - change zoom level without swapping screen by holding L before you hold R and use ABXY

client - dual screen zoom mode now available!

0.81b

server - fixed access violation when trying to use movie player and no videos could be found

client - fixed keyboard presses to work in most directx games/applications again

0.81a "the oracle"

server - completely rewrote server in Delphi and it is now perfectly stable, i think! =)

server - implemented CRC checking for better detection of duplicate screens

server - cursor no longer flickers when capture transparent pixels is enabled

server - all options can now be configured without restarting the server

server - JPEG quality is now configurable for zoomed and fullscreen views

server - JPEGs are no longer saved to disk before sending to DS which should speed up things a lot

server - extra quality setting added for mid-range CPUs

server - movie player beta (no sound, only works with fairly standard AVI files)

server - added option to run on windows startup

client - FAT support added (DLDI patching now required) only IP address is saved for now

client - disabled screen updates while lid is closed to save battery power

http://rapidshare.de/files/38931161/ds2win.ds.zip.html

Edited by monkeynz

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gave the client a spin after playing with the server settings. I cannot connect, the server isn't responding.

I know my network settings are correct, other apps work fine, and netstat shows my DS communicating.

TCP Cinder:1027 192.168.0.5:41413 ESTABLISHED

No firewall or anything blocking ports/UDP traffic.

Oh and another note, your other Unofficial 0.8 here works fine. Gotta be something wrong with this release.

Ok it does work for me too, but only in auto mode. Strange, as my official WiFi settings are identical to what I put in under Manual here.

There must be a problem with manual configuration then.

And if it helps you work out kinks with the server, the movie thing only seems to cause a crash when it's pointed to a folder with more than just AVI files in it.

Okay, I got r4, tried to get it working, it tries to connect and in the server log it says that password was rejected, or something like that, It just repeats it so fast I cant read it.

I tried no password, did not work

I tried password, it did not work.

any Ideas as to what to do?

Okay, I got r4, tried to get it working, it tries to connect and in the server log it says that password was rejected, or something like that, It just repeats it so fast I cant read it.

I tried no password, did not work

I tried password, it did not work.

any Ideas as to what to do?

Thats strange.. did the previous version (0.80f) work for you?

Anyone else having this problem? It should work with a blank password.

Make sure caps lock is off, or make sure password isnt too long perhaps?

in virtual desktop mode, never minmize or maximize the "ds server window" from the ds.

it goes waaaay crazy. first the ds stuck, youve to touch ds server with your pc mouse. after that, a lot of lines scroll down in the history tab and ds does crazy stuff.

first time: i got two fullscreen windows.

second time: full screen window went into blue pixeled massacre+

third time: bottomscreen went white for 3 sec. than just worked fine :/

Edited by superlars

Okay, I got it to work...

I just tried it again and it was fine. don't know how or why, but I don't care, it works.

I also learned not to mess with the server from the DS. It does go crazy like the last person said.

Also, I was wondering, If I am away from home, can I enter my computers IP (not the 192.168.blah blah blah) and still access my desktop?

Edited by JahnBodah