Rambo aaaaaaah so excited!

Gryph

That's because critics are for the most part useless. But most regular people are useless too so the only opinions that matter are those of people with whom you share similar tastes.

Did you enjoy the Bourne Ultimatum?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rambo has always been a mehish franchise to me and this one looks like a cash-in by Stallone. Haven't seen it, but probably won't bother to.

@AxL- don't you find the cultural part of a localisation the most thoughtful part? There are in jokes and culturally-specific writing in almost any Japanese game that would be either awkward or completely impossible for a western audience to relate to. They may seem cheesy, but often the original content would have seemed just as trite to a Japanese audience. I'm playing through the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney series atm and I think it's pretty clever how they've substituted in American references and yet kept the overall tone of the humour the same. A straight Jap to English transliteration in this franchise would have been just boring.

Rambo has always been a mehish franchise to me and this one looks like a cash-in by Stallone.

It's not a cash in. How does it look like a cash in?

since no one is going to read the damn book, i´ll tell you why, rambo dies so there shouldnt be a part 2,3, etc, The book was on the action genre but also treated some themes in depth, it is the story of a guy who comes back from war and everyone treats him as scum when he whent to war for his country, trained to be a killing machine and once back in society he cannot adapt himself to that way of life as the only thing he learnt is to kill, wandering all around the country and being kicked out of each single town, till that last time when he decides he will no longer lower his head and accept what others impose to him

some little information here, not too much anyway....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Blood_(novel)

well, as much as I hate to admit it, because rambo is supposed to be mindless violence, this movie was actually pretty damn good

I actually paid to see it, twice.

The first time I watched it as a movie by itself, and it was alright, but the second time i looked at it in the context of the other movies, and it was awesome, and i realized the significance of the ending.

Rambo believe it or not is a statement against the military, i'm too lazy to post a full analysis of the movie right now, but it was a pretty damn good series with a good ending, just like Rocky.

I like Rocky, and I like Rambo, other stallone movies are alright I guess, but you can't deny how awesome these two series are, especially Rocky.

EDIT: BTW, This movie DEFINITELY breaks new records in violence in movies, an entire battalion + countless villagers die on screen, pretty bad ass, especially some of the crap he pulls off.

Aging actors reviving their old series from 10+ years ago, and financing it themselves. Ford in the new Jones, Stallone himself in the new Rocky and now this... How doesn't it look like a cash in?

Whether or not a movie is a cash-in depends on the quality of the movie and how it compares to the earlier movies in the series, not the actors' age. So what if these are old actors reviving old characters and series? These are beloved characters and I guess when you're part of something like that you want to do more of it. I don't know if you're implying that Ford is financing Indy 4, but he is not. He doesn't have to. The movie has the backing of George Lucas and Spielburg so if any studio wasn't willing to fund it (they did since Indy is a great series so they have a good feeling it will be successful) they probably could have picked up the tab. So yeah, see the movie before you dismiss it as a cash-in. Video game movies are cash-ins. Movies based on TV cartoons and toys are cash-ins.

Rambo has always been a mehish franchise to me and this one looks like a cash-in by Stallone.

It's not a cash in. How does it look like a cash in?

since no one is going to read the damn book, i´ll tell you why, rambo dies so there shouldnt be a part 2,3, etc, The book was on the action genre but also treated some themes in depth, it is the story of a guy who comes back from war and everyone treats him as scum when he whent to war for his country, trained to be a killing machine and once back in society he cannot adapt himself to that way of life as the only thing he learnt is to kill, wandering all around the country and being kicked out of each single town, till that last time when he decides he will no longer lower his head and accept what others impose to him

some little information here, not too much anyway....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Blood_(novel)

Well that's irrelevant in this discussion since the second and third movies were made so there is nothing that can be done. Film is a separate medium so it should be treated as such. It does not have to follow books exactly.

A cash-in is a generic work that uses a strong brand name to perform better than it otherwise would have. Rocky Balboa was this kind of cash-in- it was a terrible film no one would have seen if it wasn't called 'Rocky'. That said, why should I bother to see Rambo? Even if it is upto the par of previous films, I'm not a fan of them.