WTF? street fighter mouse generation.......

Inky

It's a good thing that Capcom finally got around to announcing Street Fighter IV, because if they hadn't, today's revelation of Street Fighter Online: Mouse Generation may have sent some fighting fans over the edge, never to return. The Capcom-licensed, Daletto-developed game for Windows drops six-button and joystick controls for something simpler—mouse gestures and clicks. Street Fighter Online: Mouse Generation is played entirely with mouse controls, with left-clicks for punches, right-clicks for kicks and special attacks performed by mouse movement. The 3D characters look revolting for a reason. They're based on Kaiyodo's "Revoltech" action figure system, one that allows for maximum posing flexibility. In SFO:MG, players will be able to swap body parts for custom avatars. Want to see Chun-Li with Ryu's arms and sporting a sensible business suit? Go for it, you freak. The customization won't stop there, as evidenced by the screenshots—various outfits, accessories and deadly flippers can all be applied to your avatar.

Only two other characters beyond Ryu and Chun-Li look to be playable at this point, a pair known as Hico and Taran. While the two would normally clash with the Street Fighter aesthetic, the game is so hideous I can't imagine anyone creating a stink.

And that crazy cat picture above? That's part of the game's "cut-in system" that delivers user-added images and biting smack-talk during ass-kicking moments. Think of the game as less of a serious fighter and more of a casual, social gaming experience and the whole thing will start to make more sense.

Street Fighter Online is planned to go into beta test within the next month or so, if you happen to be in the Japan area. Check out more screens in our gallery... if you dare!

thumb800x80021980055999gw7.jpg

thumb800x80021987946703ok9.jpg

More Screenshots: http://kotaku.com/photogallery/streetfight...ousegeneration/

Source: http://kotaku.com/345817/new-street-fighte...+only-very-ugly

WTF? It looks like they want to ressurect the Street Fighter EX series in the crappiest form possible. This reminds me of Gunz, but fighting instead of shooting. This completely defeats the conventional Street Fighter with 6 buttons. Last time I checked, there is only 3 mouse buttons that work for everyone. I never thought Capcom would go this low. Hopefully the same people are NOT working on Street Fighter 4!

What... what the hell??? I cannot accurately describe this sensation I'm feeling. It's like interested, mixed with pity and shame. Does that make sense?

Oh... and Street Fighter will never die. And if it does, it will still walk the earth, as undead. Perhaps that is what this game represents........