Super Smash Brothers Brawl gets 40/40

Wizard

Only around 7 video games have ever received a perfect score from famitsu. Here's a translation from what they had to say.

Nintendo

January 24, 2008 Sale Date / 6,800 (sales tax inc.)

Variety Fighter/ Action

You can control tons of characters like Mario and Snake. Up to four players can battle at once. Cooperative mode is added in. Online battles are also possible.

Target Players: Anyone can enjoy this one

Average Play time: That depends on how you play this game

This time single player has tons of content. The adventure mode is quite long and fun. And the story presentation is amazing. As for the fights, with the strong unpredictable factor that comes with final smashes, more than ever we can be excited about matches not being related to skill. The controls and sound are also satisfying. Hats off to Nintendo.

Score: 10

The new unpredictable factor that is the final smash allows us to enjoy an amazing effect and refreshing feel from any character. The fights are even more intense. The single player modes are abundant and a plus. The Subspace Emissary Adventure mode movie and action tempo are good and you just forget time while playing. Im highly satisfied with the game.

The powerhouse cast and gimmicks! The dynamic and subtle character moves! The must see final smashes! There are tons of battle stages. The single player mode is also extremely satisfying. There is a stage edit, and you can browse through the detailed information in the game.

Score 10

The moves of the the all star roster of characters have been polished, and the addicting one player mode has been perfected. With its outstanding graphics and wonderful ambience, Brawl is an epic game in which you can feel the efforts that went into it. Every time you play it, you'll discover something new, and you'll savor both sweet joy and bitter loss when you battle.

I hate/love delays, I hate waiting but I love what new things they bring :P

Not always true that they add stuff. Sometimes it can be timing for sales (which i hate). Sometimes they have to remove stuff because it "doesnt fit it". But most of the time its to fix bugs and whatnot.

more than ever we can be excited about matches not being related to skill.

more then ever! I love competitive games that are not related to skill......

meh, I have never understood the fascination with smash bro's

more than ever we can be excited about matches not being related to skill.

more then ever! I love competitive games that are not related to skill......

meh, I have never understood the fascination with smash bro's

Haha ditto. I also think it might be overrated, but I am going to stay quiet till I play it.

As I said previously, the game is very much interesting to play 1v1 with rules (No Items, 5-7 lives). I used to think like you guys, and changed when I played it with someone who was good and managed to pull some crazy crap on me, like bombing himself back up to the platform with samus when i knocked him off.