[eXclusive] Mugen XP Patch v1.0.3 Released!

Alpha

Also for the people who downloaded v1.0 and not v1.01. If you want to respect the authors of the stages & characters, please download v1.0.1. Otherwise there was no real update, just some added DOCS. And JoyToKey to configure your GamePads. :)

v1.02 Released.. and it's only been 45min from v1.0.1..

Well we were finally able to remove the Marvel Super Heroes Life Bars. File size is basically the same.

So no real upgrade. :)

• 2 weeks later...

We have gotten some recent information that it is forbidden to include all of mugen in one package. So we will soon release a PATCH for the original mugen that only EDITS the DATA folder that will make your Mugen XP playable (Electbyte states that you are aloud to distribute files in the DATA folder, so this will make it OK). There will be a package with addons and a simple package. Expect to be out tomorrow and a seperate website will also be made. :lol:

Well, it didn't work for me. It would just load up the keyboard/joypad 1&2/sound then it'll go black and send me back to winxp. When I tweaked it, it did the samething and said----[Library (built in) message: Can't change video mode.

Error message: You need a VESA driver to run M.U.G.E.N]. I really do not want to buy a new Graphics card.

Comp Specs: Dell Dimension 2400 Series, Intel Pentium4 Processor at 2.40GHz

Windows XP Home Edition

256MB DDR SDRAM at 333MHz

Integrated Intel 3D AGP (Graphics)

Integrated ADI 1885 Audio

Boy am I glad that someone hacked mugen...now if you could hack it's video props to work with mine :lol:.

Keep it up.

Integrated Intel 3D AGP (Graphics)

It's most likely your graphics card. I am running a nVidia GeForce FX 5200. Most of all it works great. I have also tried it with a SiS Graphics card and also a 8MB IBM Graphics Card and a cheap Laptop Graphics Card. Thanks for posting though, I am going to make a list of graphics cards not compatible in a TEXT file with the next patch. I'll also see if I can fix it in the next release. :lol:

Use the configurator and in the mugen.cfg change Vesa mode to something else (Vesa mode 1 works fine for me)

Tried that a long time ago homie.

It's most likely your graphics card. I am running a nVidia GeForce FX 5200. Most of all it works great. I have also tried it with a SiS Graphics card and also a 8MB IBM Graphics Card and a cheap Laptop Graphics Card. Thanks for posting though, I am going to make a list of graphics cards not compatible in a TEXT file with the next patch. I'll also see if I can fix it in the next release.

I hope you can fix it, otherwise GeForce FX 5900 will have to be mine(when it's cheaper)..sigh.

Alright we made the patch which will comply with Elecbyte's Regulations. There is no real updates. However we removed the autorun in the patch. In the next release I will add the autorun again. But the current autorun is too buggy. We will release the patch which will be made completely public on Friday. It will also include the new website for it. :lol:

Alright the PATCH is now publicly released! We also made a website @ http://mugenxp.cjb.net

Enjoy and please read all docs and messages before downloading!

The Patch is meant only for people who download Mugen(a clean version) then apply the patch. Because the patch overwrites the files completely, so don't apply it to your Mugen that has 500 characters or something. You will have to add it all again. However the Patch does backup files, Just DON'T Deselect it! We don't want complaints from people saying I have to add all my characters again because of your patch. It will OVERWRITE the following files..

data\fight.def

data\mugen.CFG

data\select.def

data\system.def

Alrighty and also if you find any bugs for the patch, goto the site and email us. :(

PS: This thread will remain closed for future new releases.