Well since Blu-Ray has more or less won

The only things that going to replace DVD's is the World Wide Web and not HD-DVD and even Blu-Ray way out of the league. All my HD movies comes from rapidshare and I thought to myself "pardon my immoralities, why pay for a film when I can get it for free"! :thumbsup1:

Right now HD-DVD and Blu-Ray are a waste of paper and plastic, therefore a waste of good money that could've been used to improve the bandwidth of the whole Internet!

Edited by Hexter

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only things that going to replace DVD's is the World Wide Web and not HD-DVD and even Blu-Ray way out of the league. All my HD movies comes from rapidshare and I thought to myself "pardon my immoralities, why pay for a film when I can get it for free"! :thumbsup1:

Right now HD-DVD and Blu-Ray are a waste of paper and plastic, therefore a waste of good money that could've been used to improve the bandwidth of the whole Internet!

Dual-layer BR discs, mmmmm. 50gigies of storage space, that'd be grand. All those movies you'd be able to store. Weeee.

Lol, dual-layer RWs, you'd start a burning process and go to work and when you'd come back in the evening it would be done. Can't wait for cheap DL-BR-RWs hehehe.

Too bad their durability is pathetic compared to DVD. Writable Blu-Ray is horrendous, they can't put the same coating on the discs as pressed retail.

People know this, the masses won't adopt as a storage standard until they at least improve durability.

And price? OMFG. Even once things get cheaper, they won't get as cheap as DVD, even blank DVD-Rs never entered the market at prices comparable to Blu-Ray.

Who would pay $25 for a 25GB Blu-Ray disc that can easily be destroyed and unreadable, when you can buy 25 4.7GB DVD-Rs for $10? Not me!

Too bad their durability is pathetic compared to DVD. Writable Blu-Ray is horrendous, they can't put the same coating on the discs as pressed retail.

People know this, the masses won't adopt as a storage standard until they at least improve durability.

And price? OMFG. Even once things get cheaper, they won't get as cheap as DVD, even blank DVD-Rs never entered the market at prices comparable to Blu-Ray.

Who would pay $25 for a 25GB Blu-Ray disc that can easily be destroyed and unreadable, when you can buy 25 4.7GB DVD-Rs for $10? Not me!

more like 100 DVD-Rs for 10$. They still do, some of the places though. Blueray is too much if you ask me. if it has won, it only won the movie war. Not the file storage war, if you want to put it that way. I wont see myself buying blueray discs unless they were the norm and IF i DIDNOT have a hard drive by then. I rather keep it that way. Hard drives are much cheaper and getting cheaper by the day. Hell i saw a 500GB HD for 100$. All i need to do is connect it to my computer or TV (when i get one comapatible with Hard drives) and its smooth sailing all the way.

more like 100 DVD-Rs for 10$. They still do, some of the places though. Blueray is too much if you ask me. if it has won, it only won the movie war. Not the file storage war, if you want to put it that way. I wont see myself buying blueray discs unless they were the norm and IF i DIDNOT have a hard drive by then. I rather keep it that way. Hard drives are much cheaper and getting cheaper by the day. Hell i saw a 500GB HD for 100$. All i need to do is connect it to my computer or TV (when i get one comapatible with Hard drives) and its smooth sailing all the way.

I can tell you that from first hand experience that external HDDs are risky. I've had a WD 700gb HDD for a little under a year and already it's not being detected by my laptop. Only Vista still detects it now, and I hate Vista. I have no idea what's wrong with it, but if it were a disk, I could just throw it away. Can't do that with a HDD.

I can tell you that from first hand experience that external HDDs are risky. I've had a WD 700gb HDD for a little under a year and already it's not being detected by my laptop. Only Vista still detects it now, and I hate Vista. I have no idea what's wrong with it, but if it were a disk, I could just throw it away. Can't do that with a HDD.

Just as a key note, water on Hard drives isnt good :P . Just playing. It depends on the type you got. I think my brothers is a WD HDD and it lasted him 4 years and still does perfectly on xp and vista. Its true what you said that you can throw away a disc but nothing compares to the amount of space you can carry on HDD (1 TB!!!!) and the small amount of space it needs on your desk. Its soo hard to find a file you want on DVD's unless you put them in alphabetical order in which still, you would need more space. My desk is full of stuff as it is. And the addition of 100 DVD's that i bought is not helping at all!!

100 DVD-Rs for $10? I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole, has to be VERY poor quality media.

MAGNAVOX 100 DISCS 1-16X DVD+R. They work well for burning some of my media files. They kind of suck but hey, they're 10 bucks. :P

The most reliable to data transmit data is a hard drive and a 100mb network connections they are both faster then Blu-Ray and HD DVD. A PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 are capable of playing videos from a networked PC, I couldn't give a damn about the portability of HD DVD and Blu-Ray, they are just as bad as CD's and DVD's they get scratched too easily.

Edited by Hexter