NO$GBA Starters Guide

Coolguy

Ok many people have been complaining about the non-working problems of the no$gba.So I am going to post steps that will help you fix these problems~

Emulation Instructions:-

~First of all download the no$gba emulator

~Now extract the contents into a new folder.NOTE:-This step is for all those who have a emulator in a zip file.Others copy and paste the emulator into a new folder

~Now download the roms and unzip them into the same folder as the emulator

~Now open NO$GBA.exe and choose the rom you want to play and click ok

~AN IMPORTANT STEP:-

You may get a message saying "Failed to read data".Follow the instructions below:-

*Go to options=====>Emulation setup=====>NDS Backup Media

*Now choose the appropriate save type.Usually EEPROM 64KBytes works

*Now go to options and Click on save settings.IMPORTANT STEP

*Now reset the cartridge.IMPORTANT STEP

After this your roms should work fine

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Speeding the emulator:-

If your emulator is running rather slow try these tips:-

-Go to options====>Emulation Setup and in the box "Emulation Speed" choose "Unlimited MHz, Disaster 10%".

-Go to options====>Emulation Setup and in the box "Sound Output" choose "Digital mono"

-In the same tab go to Sound desired sample Rate and select "Low(10 kHz)Fast"

-In the same tab go to Multiboot Normal/Burst Delays and select Fast/Fast(best)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any problems then discuss it in this thread

Edited by Coolguy

I'm using this program to check out new roms but with sound enabled it's extremely slow on my computer. So the computer it's kinda old (athlon 1700+, 512MB, Geforce MX200) and without sound some games still only run at 50%, for instance Electroplankton and the intro to Nintendogs or The phantom Hourglass, with sound enabled it drops to 15%. I just can't believe i need a 6.7x faster pc to run this emulator, that would make it a Athlon 11390+. :shootem:

If you are writing a guide for newbies and those looking for answers, you could mention that No$Gba (like all the other NDS emulators) requires the NDS BIOS files.

pinobot: What version are you using?

If you are writing a guide for newbies and those looking for answers, you could mention that No$Gba (like all the other NDS emulators) requires the NDS BIOS files.

Huhs? I never got no bios files, my No$GBA runs DS games fine. Whatchoo smokin Willis? Same with iDeaS.....

Huhs? I never got no bios files, my No$GBA runs DS games fine. Whatchoo smokin Willis? Same with iDeaS.....

How strange, you're right. I wonder if the developer did something extraordinary with the code since I can clearly remember that you needed the NDS BIOS files to boot games in early version of No$Gba.

Go figure, looks like you really don't need those after all. :/

i use 2.6

I've just experienced the weirdest thing.

I tried iDeaS for the first time and had a blue screen, the first one in ages, something to do with the nVidia drivers. Anyway, i restarted the computer and tried to start a .nds file by double clicking on it but instead of no$gba Foxit Reader started, so i tried to re-associate to file to no$gba but again Foxit Reader started. So i tried to associate the .nds files to Paintshop Pro and it worked. Now i was confused. So i changed the name of the program from no$gba to nocashgba and it worked.

I'm not saying it has anything to do with iDeaS but it's really strange, what the hell just happend? :shootem:

Nope this part is optional .....But it does improve some sound problems

@pinbot:-I am not sure ..I think the emulator version you downloaded was corrupt or something ....Try this suggestions

-Go to options====>Emulation Setup and in the box "Emulation Speed" choose "Unlimited MHz, Disaster 10%".

-Go to options====>Emulation Setup and in the box "Sound Output" choose "Digital mono"

-In the same tab go to Sound desired sample Rate and select "Low(10 kHz)Fast"

-In the same tab go to Multiboot Normal/Burst Delays and select Fast/Fast(best)

Edited by Coolguy

• 1 month later...

Thanks coolguy i really needed that info im new to the ds emulator and i was trying to get naruto ninja destiny to work :clapping:

No problem dude..If you have any problems then just post it here or message me :P

• 4 months later...

Hello. I have a beginners question.

I am trying to run the new FFIV rom on no$gba and have managed, after some monkeying aroung to get it working, more or less.

The problem I am having is the text does not disappear in game after menus disappear. I don't really know else to explain it, but with the text remaining behind the screen get very cluttered very fast.

I know it isn't the rom, as I have tried several versions, and I know it isn't the emulator as I have v2.6a and severl prior versions, and they all do the same thing.

I am running windows vista, and can only think it must be some kind of conflict or configeration error.

Any help would be appreciated.