"BIT" WHat!?

Shoma

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say I like Azereus or any java-based app. much at all. While java may make cross-system compatibility easier, the apps are generally slow and bloated (limewire ^^).

I really like utorrent given it's small size, excellent usage of system resources, and that it doesn't include an installer (I hate installers more than anything ever). The only down-side of utorrent is that it is closed-source. :thumbsup1:

yeah it doesn't necessarily need to be illegitimate stuff, you can also get open source programs and publicly available music or books

like for example linux programs and books and mp3 from underground bands who make some of their work available on the internet,

speaking about music bands....radiohead that has their latest album available on the internet and you pay whatever price you put to the disc so if you want you can just download it for free or pay $100 for it depending o how much is their work worth to you :thumbsup1:

I paid 7 pounds, more of a symbolic cost imo, Wizard got the collector's edition whatever.

Speaking in eMule's defense, it's all how you use it really. eDonkey, the official client was the one that was evil crap crap.

And if you want a Limewire alternative, Frostwire does the job better, and with a lot less bloat to boot.