MameDOX Arcades (I screwed it up already!)

Shibathedog

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any recomendations are fine...

I've got some essentials games to recommend for your next release, some are really out of the usual mainstreams roms but i think they really worth a try. I'm pretty sure those are from <.84 romset, here they are :

LEGEND

PIRATE PETE

GALS PANIC

ESCAPE KIDS

DARK seal 2

Butasan

PENGUIN BROTHER

SEN KNOW

gun Shooter :

SPACE GUN

ZOMBIE RAID

Breakout :

Vs Block Breaker (vblokbrk.zip)

kick off

Vectors :

star castle

Puzzle :

PUZZLE LOOP

Logic PRO 1 & 2

shoot them up :

zunzunkyou no yabou

ASYLUM

Akkanbeder

multi :

ganbare ginkun

I've also found some titles thas was included in the first platinum and no longer in ARCADES Romset (sorry, if i'm maybe wrong)

bombrman

bubsymph

karnovr

mk

ms5plus

opwolf

opwolf3

othunder

pnyaa

ptblank

rushatck

s1945ii

samsh5sp

samsho5

sgunner

stunrun

term2

tshoot

vsgradus

Thanks BS for your hard work, you're the (mame)man.

Edited by Garcimak

let me know about any games missed fam ....

Arcades is an awesome update, I miss hyper street fighter 2 anniversary edition, but I have the files and the VMM settings in my Mame xbox install (and it runs) so I can add it to Arcades (thanks!)

One thing I'd like to do is sort my Arcades, Mame and FBAxxx hd installs out so I have one rom set - maybe something for next Xmas for me to do!

let me know about any games missed fam ....

Arcades is an awesome update, I miss hyper street fighter 2 anniversary edition, but I have the files and the VMM settings in my Mame xbox install (and it runs) so I can add it to Arcades (thanks!)

One thing I'd like to do is sort my Arcades, Mame and FBAxxx hd installs out so I have one rom set - maybe something for next Xmas for me to do!

were the drivers for hyper streetfighter2 added to mamedox?

im geussing its the asia rom version that runs on this emu. :D

edit/had a quick look and i see that the rom dosent work on mamedox.

Edited by fumanchu

Could some one please explain to me what the purpose of 'Platinum' and 'Arcades' is? I fail to see any difference between my Mameox128/FBAxxx Pro setup and the Platinum2/Arcades one.

To my mind FBAxxx Pro is far more preferable for any CPS1/2/NeoGeo and any other supported games (eg Guwange, ESPRaDe) due to autofire, extra video options, rewind/forward, record, HD support etc etc. Please correct me here if I am missing anything.

Mameox128 is simply more preferable to me due to the autofire, as I mostly play shooters. IIRC there are more options in Mameox128 than in Platinum too?

I am NOT knocking this as it looks like a lot of effort has gone into it, I have in fact got it on my XBox right now. I would just like some insight into the purpose of it, apart from streamlining the roms, which I have done myself from a full 84.3 romset.

good luck then :thumbsup1: you can fix all the issues and if you havent noticed them then theres no issues... this wasnt desinged for you in mind no offense it was designed with a different demigraphic inmind. Its has streamlined interface, streamlined favs, streamlined roms and bug fixed 100percent (which there is at last count about 300fixes) its for people that just want to play games and find them and sort favorites with no complications they dont want 100s of extra features and clutter they just want to find galaga and play it.

PS I fully recommend this

Arcades for people that just want a non cluttered prettier easy to use interface with most games they want to play and like favorites and easy organised sorting

HK128 build if they know what they are doing, dont mind a little hassle want heaps of features controls and options, dont care about GUI and dont care if there 5 year old cousin cant use it that easily, want to sort out any issues themselves this is by far the best build its fully featured non limiting

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

Oh yes and all those other games where removed for good resons bad speed or lightgun (which most people dont have) or duplicate of other games. Ill be looking into adding a new skin interface soon with video previews instead of pics and I guess at that time ill look into little extras and rom changes.

Edited by BritneysPAIRS