First Slice of Portal

Wizard

Wow that's awesome! I've always wanted to try something more than the flash portal on newgrounds. Thanks a bunch!

Edit: it requires downloading external software called "Steam". There is a catch to this after all.

Edited by Exp44

Wow that's awesome! I've always wanted to try something more than the flash portal on newgrounds. Thanks a bunch!

Edit: it requires downloading external software called "Steam". There is a catch to this after all.

Lots of games use Steam nowadays. Half-Life, Counter Strike, Call of Duty, Bioshock, Id Games, Rockstar games, etc.

Anyway, I use ATI, but then again I also have the whole Orange Box. Kiss my ass, nvidia.

So yeah. Free stuff. Only if you have a nvidia card though. Any type of card.

I have a beefy 8800 GTS 640 MB. My e-peen is so large :V

I've had one of those since they came out. :V It's already showing it's age though. I can't wait for the 98xx series.

Steam is a delivery platform for PC games designed by Valve. It's a very good program and service now. Almost every major publisher is on it and there are some great old games available on it too like Deus Ex and Max Payne. It's not adware or spyware or anything.

wow...thats a bit late for a free trial...they should have come out with this three months ago...

Why is it late? Is the game not being sold anymore? There's no greater marketing for a game than a demo. And I say releasing a demo after the holiday rush is a good idea to try to increase the product visibility a bit since games have a very short window for hype and sales momentum.

I just tried to download it after installing Steam and registering, and the Portal demo itself appears to be 6 gigs. And with my connection, that would take 12 hrs to download. So it looks like I wont be getting the portal demo.