HotSpot with username and password

Waz

Hello, first i want to prevent you because i'm french and i have a bad english, but i will try to explain my probleme as well as possible !

I live in a university campus and the wifi is provide by a hotspot who require a nickname and a password in a web browser , now i want to know how can i connect my DS to this Hotspot, i have try some browser and no one work, some say that encodage UTF8 is not support or something like that ... and i dont want buy Opera Browser !

Thank you for answer !

• 1 month later...
Hello, first i want to prevent you because i'm french and i have a bad english, but i will try to explain my probleme as well as possible !

I live in a university campus and the wifi is provide by a hotspot who require a nickname and a password in a web browser , now i want to know how can i connect my DS to this Hotspot, i have try some browser and no one work, some say that encodage UTF8 is not support or something like that ... and i dont want buy Opera Browser !

Thank you for answer !

If these doesn't work, then the Nintendo DS Browser won't work. The Nintendo DS Browser must prior to load the first web page be able to retrieve some informations on the NintendoWifi website. If you need to enter a username and password prior to open any web pages, then the Nintendo DS Browser will always disconnect.

If you need more informations, you can PM me, and I speak french too.

hmm, The only solution I can think of at the moment is a little pricey, but its 2AM so I'm trying.

Connect your PC/Laptop to the wireless

Install either a second wireless card, or use a router (try and find a Linksys WRT54G or something so you can flash the firmware for extra options)

Share the connection on your computer to the secondary device

Have the DS connect to that secondary device instead of the main hotspot.

Kinda limits your range though unless you carry your laptop around all the time :/

hmm then again I think you would still need the user/pass, I know theres a way around this I just can't remember exactly what it is.

• 9 months later...

Thank you for answer !

I have a similar setup at my University and understand the difficulty. Two things have worked for me in the past, though not reliably. First, using dslinux, associate with the access point... use lynx to submit your login information and then reboot and immediately run your ds game. This worked for me for a while at least as it recognizes your ip address as being authenticated. That is assuming you dont have problems with dslinux.

Second, depending on how secure the setup is at your Uni, you can authenticate with a wireless laptop and then manually setup your internet connection through the firmware and force the same IP that is given to your laptop. This may allow you to 'piggy back' on the authenticated IP. Of course, if your school is smarter than mine and uses mac address filtering, this wont work for you.

Good luck!