um.... I know how to read hot dog....

Well, I dont want to quote everybody here.... So... A. I am not airheaded, thank you very much.... :lol:

B... The servers and other cooks think I am stupid.

C....I do everything at my own pace, which isnt that slow....I am new and I am still learning a lot.

and D. I work for Brookdale

Well.... Explain this one:

The salad of the day was Waldorf Salad, and We ran out at dinner time. I had nothing to do, for the sandwich was super easy and no one wanted one for dinner anyway... so I had a lot of free time on my hands. So, they tell me that they're out of salad.... Now, what they LOVE to do to me is tell me when they're out of salads, not before they're all gone....Maybe they like telling me I didn't make enough?

Anyway, I am like, "okay, I'll make some more salad, but you're going to have to wait, cause you told me too late about them."

So I go in the back and I tell them that I have run out of salads and need to make more... Well, this guy Greg, is like "No. I'll make it, you're too slow and I need it done today, not tomorrow." (he said this VERY mean and rudely)

I go in the back and theres no mayo, and what not.... and he freaks out about that, then pulls some out of somewhere else...and they start cutting apples and what not. Well...Just for those who dont know what a Waldorf Salad contains, let me enlighten you....

Apples

Pecans, or walnuts

Whipped cream

Mayo

Well, after I am standing at my sandwich unit, for maybe 45 minutes, doing nothing....they come out with the salad... and Greg says to me, " Can you clean this up for me, I need you to."

I say, "uh....I guess so...."

I go back there and look at the sink and work place.....

The spoons were covered in crap, they didn't even rinse them, they didn't throw the apples cores away they had strewn them all over the counter, the cutting board was a filthy mess....and the sink....oh god, the sink....there was a film of mayo and whipped cream, coating the whole entire sink.

Now, I am cleaning this mess, and yes, I am pissed off....I am slamming the apple cores into the trash can, and throwing all the utensils into the sink, and mind you, we close the kitchen down at 6:30, and it was 6:45, anyway, I get called into the front of the house, very meanly by one of the serving managers, and she says that they need me up there. SO I go and ask what she needs....."I need salad dressing" I go and get it out of the fridge...because they were too disabled to do it themselves, and I go back to washing up their mess...then she calls me again, and said that she still needed me up there...She say "I said I needed you up here.....[i am standing there looking at her in awe]...What are you doing?? [ I am putting a rag down **it's 6:50**]... Well, if you're going to give me attitude then clock out and go home!"

WHAT? ATTITUDE? I said nothing and looked at her, with a face of awe, I didnt roll my eyes or anything....

I was like, "fine" and turned around and left.

then the girl who yelled at me wanted me to get fired....they also lied and said that the hot side of the line was busy, and I should have helped instead of standing at my unit.....They lied to my boss, so they wouldn't get in trouble, also they never said anything about that mess they made. Even the head chef was surprised, and it was because of her that I didn't lose my job.

SORRY FOR TYPING SO MUCH!!!! this just pisses me off to no end....

Another time we had club sandwiches, which have 3 pieces of bread on them and we have to toothpick them together.

This other girl, had come up to me at 5:00, and told me that I was doing the sandwiches wrong, then walked away...

At 6:30 she comes back up and someone said, "this sandwich looks like crap" (the bottom piece of bread was askew)

And she says, extremely loud and mean as hell "Well talk to her about it! She's been doing the sandwiched wrong all night, I even came back here and showed her how to fix them!"

I said "F*ck off" she's like, "what? dont talk to me like that"

I tell her" you did not come back her and show me how to fix them, you told me they were wrong!" and she just bitched at me and bitched at me, and I had enough, and said flock you and left.

I got written up. She didn't. My bosses way of justifying this was saying that she had to deal with the residents complaining.... I didn't mention this, cause I was in too much shock from being written up, but I was there for 12 and a half hours..... Working the F*cking line all by myself the whole day, and I don't have the right to biatch at someone whose being a cvnt?

whatever...I am honestly on the verge of suing them for discrimination. It's not only one person there, it's more than half the staff. And I still have my job because the manager left and we have a new guy now...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just leave and find a new job. I would not be that patient to take craps from people.

Exactly... I'd be like you people keep thinking I'm some kind of flocking retard... why don't you do it then have fun and walk out.

Cut them up and serve them. Hannibal style.

I got written up once for safety hazard, work negligence and insubordination because I wore shorts and both my work trucks were dead as a door knob. My department head found me sitting at the shop waiting on the mechanic and though I was fvcking off. He found out cuz someone took a picture of me sitting in the shop and emailed it to my department head making it look like I was sleeping. Anywho. He refused to listen to what I had to say about why I can't go to work and put me on probation for 6 months (I finally got off of it on christmas day) which pissed me off for the fact that I didn't get evaluation during the summer time like I should have thus not getting my crappy yearly raise. So now I'm working at getting my next job, I'm currently waiting. I know I'm getting it just have to wait for the position to finally be open.

they are @ssholes that are making you pay the price for being the new one, sometimes you have to put up with this sort of crap to earn experience and money but you can also make them respect yourself, by the well, tell that idiot that he was missing the celery....

I am studying culinary arts too, only six months left but i have no idea what i will do when I finish it since my current work is related to computers and have nothing to do with cooking.....

Well....If I didn't need the job so badly, I would quit...

As of now, I am going to see how many people who dont like me, I can get fired....I am gonna be a vindictive little b!tch and give them what for.

SO far, I am working on one guy, he b!tched at me for not cleaning out the lettuce thing and for not refilling sliced tomatoes...then after he went on his break, I saw the mess me made, which was a mess not even I would have made on my first day of work.... and what gets me is that he was voted employee of the year....

I made a huge ass list of everything he did wrong, and I am going to show it to the head chef there. Hopefully he gets in trouble.... as mean as that sounds, but he's such a cvnt to me.

If I was in your position, I'd be fired by now.

All the crap they're feeding you isn't human like, and the way I see it, if someone hassles you, you have two choices, ignore it and keep up with it, or hold them down and learn how to play their game better then they do.

I usually do the second choice only when my limits have been reached, and by the stories you have been writing, that would've happened a long time ago.

I've worked with idiots like that, too bad I'm the boss now and I don't and never have put up with anyones crap.

1: Go over their heads and complain to the boss about unfair treatment and them being lazy and offloading THEIR work on you, why should they get paid for doing half their job?

2: Put them in their flocking place. Keep it civil, but let them know outright you aren't going to put up with their crap. Tell them if they can't talk to you with some respect, you aren't going to do anything but your own job right to the letter.

3: If it's bad enough, you have some equivalent to the Labor Board up here don't you? Report the whole damn place and their incompetence for harassment, you don't have to put up with crap.

At least if you wind up having to leave, don't just quit. Make their lives hell, and make them have to fire you or get em good before you do quit.

I've worked with idiots like that, too bad I'm the boss now and I don't and never have put up with anyones crap.

1: Go over their heads and complain to the boss about unfair treatment and them being lazy and offloading THEIR work on you, why should they get paid for doing half their job?

2: Put them in their flocking place. Keep it civil, but let them know outright you aren't going to put up with their crap. Tell them if they can't talk to you with some respect, you aren't going to do anything but your own job right to the letter.

3: If it's bad enough, you have some equivalent to the Labor Board up here don't you? Report the whole damn place and their incompetence for harassment, you don't have to put up with crap.

At least if you wind up having to leave, don't just quit. Make their lives hell, and make them have to fire you or get em good before you do quit.

Agreed. Oh they will feel the wrath if it continues. They are a well known and established retirement community. Apparently they have many many communities. I'm sure they wont like it if the media has a story or two... Which is real easy to arrange where we live. That of course would be the icing on the cake.

flock them, her cooking is excellent. I know for a fact she is mindful of her duties. She just needs to know, that this scenario is quite common, wherever you go.

But her scenario seems to be worse. I have seen some bullying at work but this seems to be harrassment at a higher degrees. Maybe if you can work out a case, just sue them. Get some legal advices and see whether the option is viable or not.