cloverfield monster?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the huge creature was a bit dissapointing.

SPOILER!!!!!!!!(a little)

there was more creatures that came out of him, they were like little spider guys, not going into more detail unless ne1 wants me 2. i just saw the movie, it is really good, just a little rip off of godzilla and other huge monsters.

It's not a rip-off of another monster. It's a movie that reinvents an old genre by showing it--and showing it well--from a different perspective.

It's the best movie I've seen in theaters in a long time; I thoroughly loved it both times I saw it.

People go in expecting to be explained about the monster, how it came, where it came from, all that stuff, and they're upset at the end when it's not explained. It's not meant to be explained. It's about a small group of humans caught up in this fantastic (in the most terrifying sense of the word) situation.

At the core of the movie, it is a love story. The monster is just a backdrop.

I loved it. I would not have it end any other way. Yes, I was surprised they didn't explain the monster at the end; but then again, that wouldn't be true to how the movie was made. Form matches function, and by seeing this unbelievable event through the eyes of a spectator, it becomes plausible and serves to suspend your feeling of disbelief.

I loved it. I would not have it end any other way. Yes, I was surprised they didn't explain the monster at the end; but then again, that wouldn't be true to how the movie was made. Form matches function, and by seeing this unbelievable event through the eyes of a spectator, it becomes plausible and serves to suspend your feeling of disbelief.

It does show the monster's origin (or as close to). According to the production notes (which is simply google-able, which is the thingy sent out to those scoopers and stuff) is that the monster has been on earth for centuries and that a satellite owned by Shulosh's (or whatever teh drink is called) parent company crashed to earth and woke it up. But it still doesn't show Clovie's true origin (what's it doing here/wtf are those spider things).

Also the after credits, "It's still alive." Yeah, sequel coming alright.

No one had a problem with Romero's sh!tty zombie flicks not telling the audience how or why the zombie infestation came to be yet everyone wants to PMS over this sh!tty film. God I hate people.