Warehousing sites

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

um no, those rules were set by various individuals involved in mugen. Not just one person. And many agreed to it, apparently 1emulation has or it wouldn't be a pinned topic.

I'm just saying, he's the head of the forum, he's the one who pinned it based on the MUGEN community's views. Gamecop said that he'd maybe change this policy, since he is the owner and he can go over any mod, if MFG did it. MFG did in fact start allowing warehousing, so that leaves us at our current situation.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand all of that and let me say this. Alot of people quit mugenguild because of its current state and another thing, Gamecop wasn't aware of mugenguilds current state until recently.

Anyway Like you said, its up to GC and if warehousing is permitted here, All I ask is to not put my stuff here for download. Not sounding rude but I rather users obtain it from my site since I am the creator and I have a place to host my works. I am not depriving anyone from obtaining my materials to clear things up on that subject.

If anything of mines is requested or whatnot, post a link to my site instead of uploading my things to file sharing links.

I understand all of that and let me say this. Alot of people quit mugenguild because of its current state and another thing, Gamecop wasn't aware of mugenguilds current state until recently.

Anyway Like you said, its up to GC and if warehousing is permitted here, All I ask is to not put my stuff here for download. Not sounding rude but I rather users obtain it from my site since I am the creator and I have a place to host my works. I am not depriving anyone from obtaining my materials to clear things up on that subject.

If anything of mines is requested or whatnot, post a link to my site instead of uploading my things to file sharing links.

I doubt that was ever in question, SyN. Anyone who cares about their MUGEN collection will in fact do exactly that, regularly check the author's site for updates.

And I think you got it all wrong. We will only be linking to warehouse sites, we won't be becoming one ourselves.

Who wrote that "silent laws" stuff? There's some outdated, some stupid, a minority of correct and tons of utterly wrong information in there >_>

"we" = mfg staff

Using mugen isn't "protected under abandonware license", it's not protected at all. According to its license, playing mugen longer than those few days in your life is illegal, that is still in effect and will always be. It's just that this is a stupid license and we decided not to enforce it - firstly, because it is not our job to take responsibility whether people care about such license or not, secondly because it is the base of our community.

It is not "legal" to take sprites and make fanart of it, it's just that most companies don't pursue this since it's free PR (in the end) doesn't affect their sales, even if they could from a juristic point of view. Plus it would be stupid. And - again - we don't take responsibility for what people rip, work with, or put on the net.

3 and 4 are full of hypocrisy which is why we abandoned them some months ago - read the effects in the link I posted earlier, and - since it's not a matter that can be explained in few words - read here a longer version of why we did what we did, and here's an even longer read on "respect" and "creator rights" if you want to know the details.

I'm pretty sure that it is still very easy to find points where we have hypocritical opinions, but I think we got a lot into the clear with that change in that regard, and I don't regret it.

Let me clear this up before someone jumps the gun.

In response to Valodim's community and how it operates, thats on him. I wasn't insulting him at all.

Many of us have different views on how things in the mugen community should operate and its clear that I might be the only on in this forum who don't fully agree with how MFG is handling things nor support warehouses.

My earlier argument was mainly thinking that 1emulation was in the process of becoming warehouse itself, then towards the end of the argument Axl stated it wasn't and I better understood what he was trying to do.

Still I am not fully supportive of it but I am just glad 1emulation wasn't becoming one.

Anyway thats my stance in this. Not starting a feud or whatever.

Let me clear this up before someone jumps the gun.

In response to Valodim's community and how it operates, thats on him. I wasn't insulting him at all.

Many of us have different views on how things in the mugen community should operate and its clear that I might be the only on in this forum who don't fully agree with how MFG is handling things nor support warehouses.

My earlier argument was mainly thinking that 1emulation was in the process of becoming warehouse itself, then towards the end of the argument Axl stated it wasn't and I better understood what he was trying to do.

Still I am not fully supportive of it but I am just glad 1emulation wasn't becoming one.

Anyway thats my stance in this. Not starting a feud or whatever.

I may be just forgetful, but I as I recall we've never hosted any M.U.G.E.N. related material on 1emulation at all.

Never said you did, I just misunderstood the purpose of your thread.

-edit-

Btw I am a member @MFG still, I did quit when the new changes were made but still the parts I dont like about the forum, I avoid them. MFG still serves its purposes and I basically go there for any assistance with coding if I am stuck somewhere in the middle of creating.

@Valodim,

I know you are reading my posts, None of them were meant to be insulting. Just stressing my opinions, but I am just one person at the moment, who cares what I think huh?

-final edit-

One of the reasons why I dont fully support your new methods.

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=73928.0

Edited by -SyN-