Warehousing sites

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Erhmm.... I've been "failing" a lot lately. I guess my head ain't screwed on right.

Nevertheless, I need some time to talk about this with the staff if that is the case. ;)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol @ Epic Fail.

Be original.

As far as Valodim's statement, That don't concern me. That site went to hell afterwards anyway.

So I guess this means 1emulation is now a warehouse as well.

Oh well,

As long I don't see my stuff here without my consent, I don't care. I can't speak for others btw.

Do what you will.

I think I'd speak for everyone then, when I said "Keep your $hit off our internet then". Nuff said.

If you don't want the public having it, keep it to your f**king self and don't even speak about it.

These so called MUGEN creators that rip off the artwork of commercial games etc, piss me off........you are apparantly one of them.

This code of ethics within a community that 9 out of 10 times STEALS and claims as their own disgusts me. How can you tell others not to distribute your work when 1: It's not yours, you ripped sprites (9/10 times) 2: You let it escape from your very own hard drive.

This part of the MUGEN community needs to die. The elitest attitude of man involved is so god damn childish it's not funny...........though I don't find this surprising of fighting game fans who treat fighting games like it's life or death that you learn a bunch of button combinations and think you're talented.

lol @ Epic Fail.

Be original.

And there goes your last argument, collapsing upon itself like it actually had any relevance to the topic. I enjoy using "epic fail" it suits the situation and your views, which were explained quite nicely and accurately by Cinder.

Today is a victory for the MUGEN community. Rejoice.

lol @ Epic Fail.

Be original.

And there goes your last argument, collapsing upon itself like it actually had any relevance to the topic. I enjoy using "epic fail" it suits the situation and your views, which were explained quite nicely and accurately by Cinder.

Alright, hold your horses. We're still in the process of thinking this out and making sure if we want to allow "warehousing" or not. ;)

Simply put, the Rule of thumb. Internet = Public. You love MUGEN? Make your private sutff. Go ahead by all means. Want to show it off? Post screenies and Vids. But, AS SOON AS YOU UPLOAD, ITS ALL OURS. Fighting it is a waste. Get a job at the RIAA if you want to fight things like that.

lol @ Epic Fail.

Be original.

Alright, hold your horses. We're still in the process of thinking this out and making sure if we want to allow "warehousing" or not. ;)

Take your time, last thing we want is a hasty decision. Just because some site decided to allow them doesn't mean we should follow suit based on that. However, my view still stands, MFG's decision is what's best for the entire MUGEN community. And while the poll isn't nearly that accurate a barometer, the votes clearly show that the users of this site think so too.

Of course, on the flip side, if most users would also prefer we resume linking to roms and warez, that doesn't mean it would be right for the 1emu community as a whole. This is not the case however, for this particular niche of our community.

lol @ Epic Fail.

Be original.

As far as Valodim's statement, That don't concern me. That site went to hell afterwards anyway.

So I guess this means 1emulation is now a warehouse as well.

Oh well,

As long I don't see my stuff here without my consent, I don't care. I can't speak for others btw.

Do what you will.

I think I'd speak for everyone then, when I said "Keep your $hit off our internet then". Nuff said.

If you don't want the public having it, keep it to your f**king self and don't even speak about it.

These so called MUGEN creators that rip off the artwork of commercial games etc, piss me off........you are apparantly one of them.

This code of ethics within a community that 9 out of 10 times STEALS and claims as their own disgusts me. How can you tell others not to distribute your work when 1: It's not yours, you ripped sprites (9/10 times) 2: You let it escape from your very own hard drive.

This part of the MUGEN community needs to die. The elitest attitude of man involved is so god damn childish it's not funny...........though I don't find this surprising of fighting game fans who treat fighting games like it's life or death that you learn a bunch of button combinations and think you're talented.

less diplomatic than myself but yeah I am with you, I don't care about the ripped sprites, since you may or may not have permissions to use them but that elitest attitude is annoying and betrays the spirit of the creators of MUGEN whoe released their work withut any problem. It is also worth mentioning that not all authors are like this and you can also find lots of open minded people in the community.

Congratulations to all of them.

OMG!

U sharing it with the bloody public! BUt u wanna get pissed wit someone else does it!?!?!?!?!?!? WAAAAT!?!?!?!?!

Its a shame to say this, but I was tehre right when the warehouse strike took place and the coders stopped posting becuz of warehousing! WTF!!?

FIrst of all, if you coded from copyright sprites(Capcom, MArvel etc.), Shuddup right noW!

IF u made a 100% original, and wanted to be all "James Bond" abhout it, then he/she shoulda of just emailed it to trustworthy pple and not the WWW, which in case they didnt know, is famous for taking crap and posting it everywhere!!

UR an idoit and niave by thinking, "Oh, since i put so much hard work into this, every single person who sees it will never ever warehouse it..."

I say Warehouse it, so at least thier name will still live on even after they stop makin stuff!

Bunch of crying piss ants. I believe the strike had very little to do with warehousee but more about pple adding little this and thats and comin out with a better character using thier code.

Warehousing itself is not morally wrong in my POV.

Edited by Shoma

wow this is so funny, all of you got the wrong idea.

I never said don't download any of my stuff if I upload it. I am saying dont host my stuff outside of my website in terms of warehousing.

How you guys jumped the gun and missed that.

Pathetic!

wow this is so funny, all of you got the wrong idea.

I never said don't download any of my stuff if I upload it. I am saying dont host my stuff outside of my website in terms of warehousing.

How you guys jumped the gun and missed that.

Pathetic!

Right, because you're smart and we're all a bunch of retards... Grow up... No one said they wouldn't download your stuff if you uploaded it... As I said before, READING COMPREHENSION. It is acquired by, guess what, reading... We don't agree with you, is that so hard to understand? And many more people are going to realize sooner or later how fed up they are with you and everyone like you and their arrogant attitude because they could stitch some sprites together...

Right, because you're smart and we're all a bunch of retards..

You said it! I didn't.

I don't care if you agree with me or not, All I said after Valodim made his post was not to host any of my materials outside of my site if this site turns into a shameless warehouse.

You guys got the wrong idea from that and a bunch of other people comes here and jumps the conclusion, pretty much like you did.

Anyway, do as you will no matter how vile and pathetic it might be.

Edited by -SyN-