What Movie Did you Just Watch?

GodPigeon

I had devil figured in the first 10 minutes. I picked who was the devil. then half way through my wife was like "how does it feel to be wrong fool?" I said just you wait... I know M Night Shammalammadingdong better then he does.

the main disappointment with the Fighter for me was that the movie didn't go on to show the Ward Gotti fight. it was a battle and won fight of the year. Ward and Gotti had 3 fight of the year matches Ward won the first. Gotti won the 2nd and 3rd. I suppose they couldn't get permission from Gotti's family. But that was the pinnacle of Ward's career.

After watching the devil i got it wrong, but i did keep noticing the numbers such as the pepper spray been out of date since 1986 (1 + 8 = 9 , 9 and 6 )

How did you guess it right?

the bit that threw me off was the girl getting a spank on the ass.

The King's Speech.

The first war-time speech Colin Firth makes as King, which is what the entirety of the film culminates toward, is thrilling to watch. I listened to the original recording of the real Bertie and Colin did a good job getting the subtle details of his voice.

8.5/10

• 5 weeks later...
The King's Speech.

The first war-time speech Colin Firth makes as King, which is what the entirety of the film culminates toward, is thrilling to watch. I listened to the original recording of the real Bertie and Colin did a good job getting the subtle details of his voice.

8.5/10

A movie I want to check out, did you know the kings speech is set at elland Road where my love of a team Leeds United play?

• 1 month later...

^Abbie Cornish all the way.

Justified, Camelot, The Borgias, Game of Thrones.

Batman The Brave and the Bold Lol.

2001: A space Odyssey: Not my personal choice for "best" film ever. Although it was extremely good and offered a dated source of "chosen" emotion, it did feel lackluster in the "entertaining" aspect of film. As art it's certainly one of the best crunched forms of imagery I've ever seen, but as film it's beyond attentive, some of the things is does feels experimental and unsuccessful. I had to take off my headset multiple times as well to deal with the high pitches (which the director would consider successful as conveying disturbance, I consider it a nuisance). The story itself is captivating, and I'm glad it did the things that it did, I did enjoy it but only its cognitive aspects. The emotion I felt consistently felt disconnecting since I spent so much damn time analyzing the film. It's certainly ahead of its time and enjoyable but not entertaining. It's like hearing a niche fact from a friend and smiling at it but not really caring about it.

2010: The Year we Make Contact: Shit sucked.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: Holy shit did this not disappoint. How I ever missed this film (being a Jim fan) is beyond me. While his acting was awesome as hell the true geniuses of this film has got to be the editors. Like putting their

first contact (the "twist" ending) right at the beginning so that the film had better character development with Tang

, things like that made the film. Not to mention the way it was told, this is Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World before Scott Pilgrim was even written. I wouldn't even be surprised of this was the original inspiration for the story telling techniques Edgar used. Certainly my favorite Jim film, recommend highly.

I Love You Phillip Morris: I couldn't watch Brokeback Mountain. Something about the love story of 2 gay dudes just moves me the wrong way. I respect the life style (hell I love the opposite of 2 gay dudes, 2 lesbian chicks? Make a movie about THAT). But I wouldn't be interested in the details, even if it meant a good film. This was a nice way to "ease" my mind into that idea, and certainly a different acting position that Jim is used to a long with the supporting cast. The films enjoyable, but to be honest it just felt like Jim was playing Jim Carry, in a gay way :/.

I Spit On Your Grave (2010 remake): Better than the original. The original wasn't as exploitative as people would have you believe (there are certainly more gory films out there). The only scene I felt disgusted in the original was the rape scene, and that's more because of the act than the camera work (For most emotional rape scene, the remake of Last House On the Left takes the cake). Everything else about the film felt just like a standard horror flick slowed down 10 times. The Killer chases and kills while everybody else dies. The remake fixed that pacing issue the original had, genuinely had me disgusted at each kill, and had a little more character development than before (not to mention the story elements of the Sheriff). If you enjoy exploit films do not miss this one.

Lost In Translation: Wanna learn how to act? Watch Bill Murray act in this film. Learn how to do what he did here, and you'll be legit. Besides making me feel like I was watching a real person, this film had pretty standard fair when it came to story/dialogue. While it caters to young adults, it feels more like it centralized itself on the whole "middle age crisis" thing however, which is fine. Have to re-watch sometime later in life.

I had no internet for 2 days, this is what I did :>.