What Movie Did you Just Watch?

GodPigeon

Yeah I can't relate with that hipster stuff... maybe i'm getting old but I see shit like Scott Pilgrim and just see people fronting. Like where did reality go?

Shrek Forever After... yeah.

Those may be the only type of people that you know that liked the movie, but something I always read into with the comics and the film is the "fuck the douchebag" mentality. The film does a bad job of portraying this, but the comics biggest point resembles a Saturday morning cartoon G.I. Joe public announcement that asks the viewer to NOT be a dumbass (IE: Asshole, Hipster, Douchebag). Hell the evil ex's all have a dip shit quality that the movie constantly says don't follow (when the majority of the world does).

Idk it's kind of hit or miss for a lot of people, but I enjoyed it a lot, not just the video game references or the jokes but the way it kinda tingles my metaphor senses. The best argument I've read for the older crowd not enjoying the film is the constant ADD attitude it has with its material. I can agree that the film does not STFU (and at times feels like a 7 year constantly pinching at you for attention), but that's something I personally enjoyed about it. Felt like an action flick with more to it.

Yeah but there are plenty of movies like that and the difference is that they are made well. This movie feels like it was churned out to cater to these people without much effort. The characters are fucking awful and the dialogue is painful to listen to. It's already unwatchable after that, but then you see all the nonsense going on/the plot.

I think your reading into it wrong as well. I think its actually encouraging people to be like that by saying fuck this stereotype, be like this one! It's that whole I'm too good/above/elitist for all this shit attitude these people have. I'm cool enough to be different by being the same. Screw everyone who can't do this as well. This hipster/emo/hot topic fad shit whatever you want to call it is the new Insane Clown Posse. Older people don't like it because they outgrow it and realize its fucking retarded.

I'd be able to go at it Shiba, but to each their own, it's in my personal opinion one of the most fun films I've ever watched, even if it goes against a ton of rules in standard film. I'm not saying it's an Oscar worthy film that influences emotion the way a good film does (however it does move me), but it did entertain me, immensely.

I just watched Sherlock Holmes, maybe it's because I went in expecting shit (word of mouth by my friends, one even told me the ending was disappointing for him while I found it fitting and the entire point of Sherlock), but I found it interesting. I'm a little disappointed that they insisted on focusing the story on Holmes relationships and not him himself. The story however was compelling and I was consistently attempting to keep up with the movie's train of thought (from the very beginning , the "little" things was what I was looking for). I enjoy movies that I can't figure out the ending with using story analysis (as long as the end makes sense, Shit Shymalon has been horrible with that since the 6th sense, and even then I can't vouch for that movie since I haven't seen it in a long time), I'm hoping there is a sequel :).

Zombie Strippers!

Jenna Jameson, Robert Englund... Tito Ortiz was in it too, but just a very small role. This movie is hilarious! Jenna was shooting billiard balls out her cooch, I lold. In fact alot about this movie made me laugh. Ortiz' head was ripped in half, via jaw. Awesome. Oh... when Robert Englund got his "face dance"... best part of the movie. Like I said, movie made me laugh.

• 5 weeks later...

Wall Street

Wall Street 2

The first film was spectacular. Really took me by surprise because I figured it was going to be a bore, but the characterization of everyone in the film is intense and to a certain degree believable. It's not like other films where the good guy and the bad guy are expressed by extreme actions from different sides of the hero/villain spectrum. The film feels comparable because you have definitive reasoning towards their actions, and ones that make sense. I really enjoyed it, will watch again, no idea how you would go about making a film about Wall Street any better.

The second film however was atrocious. Everything that happened up until the last 25 minutes of the movie, feels like filler. I personally wanted to see the film start at the end (without the sudden heart Gekko grew at the end), with Gekko being more than a cry baby the entire film about how his daughter doesn't give a shit about him (news flash: that "twist" with the 100 mil throws his character so far into the evil spectrum that giving a shit about his family over the span of a few months suddenly becomes unbelievable). Aside the sudden character shift at the end of the film, I'll completely ignore the idea that these 2 power players would ever even consider having a conversation with Lebouf. The film feeds us that he's "good" with the numbers, but the skill that is shown with him is nothing but horrible. The first film's protagonist did show him succeeding time and time again so it made sense that the guys on top wanted him around, the second film however shows a character that sucks at investing yet tells us the big dogs consider him a protegee. My biggest gripe however was the story, it sucked balls. Made no sense, things happened for happening (the first film had that, like the dude getting fired, but it set emotional tone), and adds Fox going against the morals he learned in the first film (Why did it happen then?). It was piss, and I wish I could force everyone working on this film to drink it.