What Movie Did you Just Watch?

GodPigeon

I'm leery about scott pilgrim, but I'll still watch it. I just don't think I will like it.

A ) I'm leery of anything the interweb majority deems teh awesome sauce

B ) I want to choke Michael Cera with an extension chord

C ) I love Mary Elisabeth Winstead and am really bugged by the stupid wig she's wearing.

will I be able to overcome these bias... I dunno.

Scott Pilgrim is hit or miss for everyone apparently. I enjoy the movie to death and consider it a must watch for anyone who does anything game related, even though they're truly just additions to its story(as is its hilarity and music, the entire point of the story is a modern take on growing up).

I remember reading a review on Destructoid where the reviewer stated he was afraid that the current adults (late 20s early 30s) would understand it yet scoff it off as "trying too hard". But I felt pleased with the film, having read the series about 5 times already I found it quite pleasing to see it on the screen (part of me still feels it could have been better as a series, there is simply too much back story to satisfy my fan side of the film, but my appreciation for the film is extremely high as I consider it something that should have been explored a long time ago).

Remembering one of Edgar's interviews, he asked why a video game movie with video game speech hasn't been made yet, after watching Scott I can only agree that it's a style that should be built upon.

Scott Pilgrim.

Didn't like it, as I expected. I can understand why people find it appealing, though I didn't like the obvious point the movie tried to make that rock & roll > other forms of popular music and culture. Musical arrogance, any kind of arrogance really, is lame.

I'm interested as to how you came about to that conclusion?

Every evil ex that shows up is a parody of some form of music or sub-culture, with the last one being essentially the "establishment" or "the man" and R&R overcoming it. You didn't get that from watching it? Maybe i'm just reading too far into it but it was pretty clear by the end of the movie for me.

I got that but I didn't get it "that way". I understood it as a take on modern culture, I met kids that fell into each "evil ex" category every day in high school and they were all douche bags at the end of the day that anybody would want to see get beat down.

But a lot of the stuff in the movie did get mixed with music for the sake of pace, in the books the events took place over a year and a half of time and there wasn't any "battle of the bands".

I'm leery about scott pilgrim, but I'll still watch it. I just don't think I will like it.

A ) I'm leery of anything the interweb majority deems teh awesome sauce

B ) I want to choke Michael Cera with an extension chord

C ) I love Mary Elisabeth Winstead and am really bugged by the stupid wig she's wearing.

will I be able to overcome these bias... I dunno.

I agree, at least with A and B. Plus it seems like it's going to be full of that Hipster garbage I can't stand either.

A friend is trying to talk me into watching Scott Pilgrim. What say you? I've read all that is stated here. Hipster garbage? I... dont like girl jeans on boys, let me just say that.

Fuck it, perhaps Ill just Red Box it.