What Movie Did you Just Watch?

GodPigeon

I'm waiting for a decent copy to hit the net. I don't pay 10 bucks to see a movie.

Inception.

I'm surprised nobody else has talked about this movie yet, because if you haven't seen it, you need to. Arguably the best movie of the year so far.

For some people it might be a brainfart and be too complex/out there to be enjoyable but if you're the type of person to enjoy mind-bending, reality-twisting action-dramas like The Matrix trilogy, this is the movie to watch (because its better).

9/10 for me. I take a point off because I found Ellen Page annoying.

You're gonna watch the hallway fight scene and speak out "what the fuck..." lol.

Uhh thats a tall order. I Love movies like that, problem is there arent very many. Im sick of "stupid" movies, and well... thats alot of 'em

But to say it was better than the Matrix Trilogy... is that accounting how the 3rd one lowered the overall average of awesomeness?

I'm waiting for a decent copy to hit the net. I don't pay 10 bucks to see a movie.

I saw Avitar in 3D (Blue dudes not the Last Airbender) and it cost $11. I dont know why its so cheap over there... it was Imax3D and everything. I thought it was a great deal. I woulda seen it again, if it hadnt been for the accident in the tunnel on the last day of its showing...

Uhh thats a tall order. I Love movies like that, problem is there arent very many. Im sick of "stupid" movies, and well... thats alot of 'em

But to say it was better than the Matrix Trilogy... is that accounting how the 3rd one lowered the overall average of awesomeness?

Yes but even if the third one didn't lower the quality, the fact that the Matrix was in a way more sci-fantasy than anything makes Inception seem better, to me at least.

I don't want to spoil too much for you but being in a dream, some director's (like the Wachowsky's) might see that as incentive to get very other-worldly and alien, which they did with the Matrix but Inception has to me a fine balance between abstract and realistic, the same way Nolan treated Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. He didn't go over the top like some director's choose to but treated it cleverly abstract enough with other methods not relying on intense computer effects that made it flashy.

This one movie was better than all three Matrix movies and it didn't need super kung-fu to do it. If you disagree with me though I think I can understand why, because its a very complex movie.

Yes but even if the third one didn't lower the quality, the fact that the Matrix was in a way more sci-fantasy than anything makes Inception seem better, to me at least.

I don't want to spoil too much for you but being in a dream, some director's (like the Wachowsky's) might see that as incentive to get very other-worldly and alien, which they did with the Matrix but Inception has to me a fine balance between abstract and realistic, the same way Nolan treated Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. He didn't go over the top like some director's choose to but treated it cleverly abstract enough with other methods not relying on intense computer effects that made it flashy.

This one movie was better than all three Matrix movies and it didn't need super kung-fu to do it. If you disagree with me though I think I can understand why, because its a very complex movie.

Well that gives me high hopes then! Im more excited now. Ya see, there is an issue with gimmicks and hype. Although I would like to make a ridiculously awesome movie with fight scenes, that would absolutely topple the Matrix. Think the best Dragon Ball fight scenes mixed with Ong Bak, Naruto, Bleach, and Fist of the Northstar. On crack. Yea... Thats what I would do. But that does not make a movie. Not in the least.

What you say makes me want to see the movie so much more as I am sick and tired of movies filled with gimmicks and 'over the top" action scenes. I NEED something with depth. That is the main factor missing in most movies. Depth, of course can be translated into all aspects. Action scenes, story-plot developments/plot devices. Ohhhh how I hate shabby plot devices. And flash is generally used to mask these faults.

Ya know... how badass would matrix have been if they didnt drop the ball on 2 and pop the ball on 3? What if... Bruce Lee was still alive and he directed the fight scenes for instance. If he were alive, he would have evolved the action scenes of movies well beyond what they are today. Matrix #1. Neo runs up a beam and backflips. Horrible wire work. Didnt look close to cool enough. I would have said "cut"

One of my issues with the Matrix, is no one had the feel of badassness. Tru awesomeness. Suffice to say if I were in the matrix, I woulda been Dragon Ball Z and King of the Northstar on their asses. Sure sure copyright infringement bla bla, but my point is... no one was epic, to me of course.

Thats the problem. Everything seems to be half assed. An exception, Avatar (Blue people). A 3D movie that wasnt gimmicky. They used state of the art 3D cameras and made a truly 3D movie. (not pop up book 3d) They took it seriously. No swords flying at the screens (New Resident Evil) no spear in your face (Beowulf) The director or whoever musta said, "Ya know... lets make a 3D movie thats good. No bullshit swords flying at the screen..." The movie was great in my opinion. The story was decent... but the progression and the lack of Bullshit, and mainly the fact that the movie was visually DEEP. Everything had depth, everything. True depth, not that bullshit pop up 3D that Clash of the titans remake used. I hate hate hate it when they use gimicks like that. "I know, lets make it 3D and everyone will want to see it! Its the new thing... again... again. Um... but lets not make it real 3D, that would be too good for our shit movie"

There I go again... crushing walls of text.

So yea... awesome, Inception sounds like its gonna be good.

if you say "more awesome then the first Matrix" that holds a lot of weight.

when you say " more awesome then the Matrix trilogy" that's like saying "more awesome then eating a bucket of rancid bananas covered in fruit flies"

The Matrix as one stand alone movie is brilliant. as a trilogy it's bullshit covered in rotten eggs.

I read many years ago the the wachacaca brothers actually stole the script for the first one. and wrote the others themselves. Which would explain the difference in quality.

if you say "more awesome then the first Matrix" that holds a lot of weight.

when you say " more awesome then the Matrix trilogy" that's like saying "more awesome then eating a bucket of rancid bananas covered in fruit flies"

The Matrix as one stand alone movie is brilliant. as a trilogy it's bullshit covered in rotten eggs.

I read many years ago the the wachacaca brothers actually stole the script for the first one. and wrote the others themselves. Which would explain the difference in quality.

Wachacaca lol. Hmm that theory makes ALOT of sense. Alot. But... But I recall everyone (actors in 1st matrix) saying they (wachacaca) were so wrapped around the idea... they made it sound like it was indeed their project. But, what you say makes alot of sense. The 2nd and 3rd were... trash then rubbish.

Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.

Awesome, those guys are funny!

Altered. some whack alien story. got high marks on netflix but I have no idea why.

Batman under the red hood.

WTF? if this is canon then Batman went to shit at some point.