What Movie Did you Just Watch?

GodPigeon

The thing is that movie had high promise, I saw a lot of good things being done during the production. If I remember correctly the script writer even worked on the original Sands of Time.

The action sucked, the story sucked, and the ending...

I wanna choke a bitch.

Didn't it get fairly decent reviews though? Lol I don't think there's been a movie that seemed better than the actual game it came from yet.

Youth In Revolt.

There's something fucking weird to me about movies that show teenage kids speaking more intelligently then they actually are. Another example would be Juno.

It did get fairly decent reviews, but a lot of the ones I read/saw felt sympathetic, comparing it to Uwe Shit's movies and such.

What ticked me off was that the movie had such good potential, the burning robe pissed me off, the dagger being used only 3 times and only once for a fight pissed me off, the ending with the going back in time to the first 10 minutes of the movie pissed me off, the amount of white washing pissed me off. The length of the movie was incredibad too, a good chunk of the movie is literally getting from point A to B then back to A again, just travel. Dr.Octopus and his fucking ostrich race was atrocious (talk about wasting time). The movie had no charm, the attraction on screen was as plastic as ever (on par with Anakin's relationship in the prequels), it was just bad. Yea, it did better than other video-game movies, but the potential has always been high and never hit for a good movie. If this much money gets thrown into a movie only to let it still come out bad it makes me loose hope.

So would you say they should never have made this movie, or do you think its better that they try to make movies like this nowadays with technology being advanced enough to attempt to make them like Prince of Persia and Transformers to the big screen?

I'm sure its not a great movie but isn't it nice to see in its own way?

Don't get me wrong, the effects and some of the scenery was beautiful. It's just that a lot of the time all of that comes at the cost of a good story. At the same time somethings in the scenery look lackluster (Alice in Wonderland was beautiful, and its scenery is the only reason I would ever re-watch it, made me feel like I was in a dream. The problem though, is if you start looking in the background, that alone can take away the effect, which is against the point of a background). It is nice to see it, but it can be so much more.

I do like that movies are taking new routes, and trying out new things. The problem I have is that creativity disappears for it a lot of the times, modern film-making methods aren't substitutes for basic structure. If you want to make an action film, that's cool with me as well. But even that could have been done better in this film (seriously the dagger opens up a world of possibilities for sick action scenes), but we got a bunch of half-assed free running (I wasn't looking for it but I did catch 2 scenes where it looked like a fail stunt but the scene got panned to a different shot in order to avoid it).

This is where I can understand a lot of the "meh" reviews. The action had potential, the story pretty much never happens because of the ending (which I predicted as soon as the robe scene showed up, that was the turning point of the movie for me as well, I was happy until that scene), and yes the scenery is beautiful, but pretty pictures don't make a movie, kudos to the CG department though.

The A-Team. I was really surprised. It was very good. I didn't have much hope for it but they delivered on the action and laughs from the original. Rampage did well. 4/5