What Movie Did you Just Watch?

GodPigeon

hmm lets see. been watching Chappelle's show on Netflix.

watched Flesh, TX - what a piece of crap that was, acting was horrible, chicks looked like worn out skanks.

I still have Kick-Ass, Iron Man 2, and something else on my hard drive. but I have no interest in watching them.

just watched Prince Of Persia at local cinema. Not bad for a movie based on a game. Quite ok plot, good action and platforming worthy of POP, and a sexy damsel who somehow sound more British than Persian,Middle Eastern lol.

Original Star Wars trilogy.

Just like when I re-watched the Matrix after not having touched it in a long time, I'm amazed at how different my perspective of the films have become.

Though having seen a spur of complaints from the prequels lately on the internet, I hate to say that I notice some similarities between the things they did wrong and the original. At times I'm at a loss because there is never a straight path story wise. This makes me feel as if the things happening on the screen are just happening because they are. You can say it's imitating real life in a sense that, you really don't know what tomorrow will bring.

The only real difference that I can see when the same mistakes are executed though, is that the prequels are CG rendered shit. While the original has actual living things slated in their scenes (a complaint I often hear, is that the prequels have too much shit on the screen at one time, like during the chase in episode II between the shape shifter and Obi-Wan, and that that makes the scene barely discernible. Yet the originals are praised for that attribute, one of the reviews I saw even stated that if not for that the scenes would not appear so lively).

I plan on watching the prequels shortly after this, the problem I have with that though is that I honestly doubt I'll be able to sit through it all. Just like I can't sit through all of Lord of the Rings. I fell asleep on episode 1 in the theaters when I was ten. Episode 2 I saw when it came out on DvD and I only happened to catch the ending because the few times that I tried to watch it I would fall asleep again. Episode 3 I didn't even bother with, though everyone in my school saw it at that time and praised it beyond all reason, read "Idiots that would consider the Saw series a modern day Picasso praised Episode 3".

As to my opinion on the original Star Wars series, I love them. I'm also amazed by the effects used at the time, and can see how Lucas sucks dick when not on a short leash. Creative freedom is something deserved to all, but in this case I feel as if Lucas only thrived because his freedom's were denied with his beginnings.

Older movies are better - and movies shot in an old school style tend to be better.

For example off the top of my head movies shot without a shit load of special effects that are recent that are great:

Shoot em up - No country for old men - Gran torino - The book of eli (some special effects but rely's mostly on good props)

A good movie only rely's on special effects to boost the visual aspects only, such as the road...

Avatar was a one off a great movie designed from the ground up to be special effects entirely.

finally got around to watching Iron Man 2...... meh. it was alright. I really didn't see what the hype was about with the first one. so this one was no different for me. Iron Man is just a uninteresting character to me. At least I had Scarlett to look at.

Kick Ass and the Losers still sits unloved on my HDD.

I've watched about 40 minutes of Prince of Persia.....

I'm not even sure is Meh is a strong enough word to describe it.