What Movie Did you Just Watch?

GodPigeon

• 2 weeks later...

Inglorious Basterds.

Tarantino style is hard to describe. Those long, drawn-out, tense dialogues building up to a big climax... he has a lot of those in this movie and they're each engaging. And the best part, they're all in different languages. Makes the movie even more enjoyable because it adds a flair of sophistication, which is humorously contrasted with Brad Pitt's hillbilly drill-sergeant accent.

One of Tarantino's best, better than Kill Bill imo.

9/10

Gamer

Horrible movie, really puts us in a bad light. The direction was near seizure inducing and nearly all the actors were just 'there'. I perked up when John Leguizamo made an appearance, but they didn't give him much screen time at all.

I give it... 4/10

Inglorious Basterds.

Tarantino style is hard to describe. Those long, drawn-out, tense dialogues building up to a big climax... he has a lot of those in this movie and they're each engaging. And the best part, they're all in different languages. Makes the movie even more enjoyable because it adds a flair of sophistication, which is humorously contrasted with Brad Pitt's hillbilly drill-sergeant accent.

One of Tarantino's best, better than Kill Bill imo.

9/10

I got a good copy of this I have to say its quite good but very slow in places - the tension scenes are really good.

Props to the german sergant who refused to give up the info!

ZMOBIELAND: Its like left for dead the movie could of been so awesome was good though.

The Cove.

I dunno how many of you care about protecting species' and social movements - if I recall I posted clips about this film before and got a lot of indifferent responses - but this documentary is very good. I've watched a lot of documentaries the last few months... Addicted To Plastic, Food Inc., Second Skin, Earth 2100, and they're all good. I'd recommend them all to you guys, especially the first two. But The Cove was in and of itself better to me. Not because it had more facts displayed to educate us or profound imagery that grabs attention, but unlike the other documentaries involving habitat/species destruction, none encompassed the ordeal of human beings killing creatures you felt as though were intelligent, communicative and emotional ones - killing living creatures that are self-aware like us. That and it was more exciting overall because it involved espionage filming and highly skilled professionals taking part in risking their own safety.

The situation isn't as simple as dolphin massacres taking place in a country largely unaware of its own animal slaughtering, but how it ties in to that whole country's global/economic position in the world fish market. They control it... and they are not relenting in their advances to overturn international laws against whaling and fishing in order to control and sustain their own financial gains. We already know about Tuna populations being decimated, Japan itself taking up nearly 70% of the world's Tuna consumption and now with shows like Whale Wars sending a message out about Japan's efforts in obscuring international treaties against whaling, to this. Dolphins, those animals your mother or sister talks about being their favorite animal. How does that small country get away with so much of the world's oceanic profiteering and exploitation? They are quite the imperialistic nation...

I hope someone here watches The Cove. Call me a tree-hugger or liberal hippie if you like, whatever I couldn't be fucked by it but i'll ask anyway. Please watch it, if only just to be aware.

As far as documentaries go:

10/10