What Movie Did you Just Watch?

GodPigeon

Cranked 2.

The first one was 10 times better. This however has the same feel to it, though not as intense. Which sucks, it actually ends up stopping sometimes, and the rape scene. Wow, I seriously thought that the first time around was hilarious, but this time it was just so stupid I ended up taking it as an opportunity to take a piss.

Give it a watch, it's mad fun, don't take it seriously, there are a ton of "your fucking kidding me" moments. Not saying the first one didn't have them, just the number didn't reach double digits.

Does anyone else find the part in spinal tap with the sandwiches as funny as I do? I was ROFLing when I first saw that. I agree about Crank 2, the first one was way better, I started getting really bored at the end.

Anyway lately I watched "Life is Hot in Cracktown" just because the RZA is in it. I didn't really expect it to be good but It was worse than I thought it was going to be. Some messed up stuff happened but it still wasn't any good. There wasn't a single RZA song in it (or any actual rap songs for that matter) and the RZA was in it for about 5 minutes. The movie was missing a storyline as well. It was basically just scenes of people in the ghetto. If you try hard enough you can sort of see a message in it, but it's a stupid message. Boring and shitty. Avoid.

I watched District 9. It seems like this could be a decent series if they turn it into one, it shows potential. As for this movie on it's own, it's not terrible but it's not as good as everyone is saying either. There isn't much of a storyline, without spoiling anything it's basically: Aliens landed on earth years ago and can't leave. Now they all live in one big sectioned off area. People don't like being around them (fights, etc.) so now they are being moved further away. While serving eviction notices (the aliens can talk) an important figure has something happen to him that causes him to need one alien's help. The alien also needs help so he helps alien, movie ends with cliffhanger. See all that important stuff happens very quickly in the beginning of the movie, then it's just action sequences for the other 3/4ths. Also the promotional material made it seem like there was going to be some kind of alien attack, This never happened. Those pictures you see where it says "No Humans Allowed" where nowhere in the movie, Only "No Aliens Allowed" because the humans are definitely in total control still. It's all pretty much just defenseless aliens. (although somehow they still manage to have/find alien weapons in a 20 year old containment camp that gets searched all the time, and for some reason none of the aliens bother to use them)

I also watched Bruno. It was funny and I liked it. You can tell a lot more was staged this time around but it doesn't ruin the jokes because all the staged stuff is pretty much just shock humor so it doesn't matter. If you liked Borat because he demonstrated intolerance to foreigners and you are expecting him to demonstrate intolerance towards gays, don't bother. He does do it but he doesn't do nearly as good of a job this time around. It's only funny because it is ridiculous.

1408 directors cut.

the alternate DC ending is so much better then the theatrical.

the number 23.

it was good, way better then I was expecting.

I also enjoyed that movie.

Jim Carrey was putting the pipe to Virginia Madson all over that movie. hahah.

but seriously, I thought Carrey handled the more serious role well and retained just a hint of the goof ball we all know him as. He playes demented well.

Meh...23 was ok.

But too redundant and boring for me. You knew what was going to happen.