What Movie Did you Just Watch?

GodPigeon

I don't watch many movies, but King Kong will be on the TV in 13 minutes, I may watch it if I can stand the 40 minutes worth of ads.

40 mins of ads combined with an already shockingly long 3.5 hour runtime. That movie gets my thumbs down of disapproval btw.

The first hour is just one big overly long exposition. You'll be bored out of your mind before it gets to the monsters. Not that they make it any better a film...

I don't watch many movies, but King Kong will be on the TV in 13 minutes, I may watch it if I can stand the 40 minutes worth of ads.

thats what DVR is for :D fast forward through all the junk.

Juno. Definitely overhyped, but still pretty OK (even though it was an HS flick). The quips reminded me of a Kevin Smith film, only teenagers aren't so clever. At least it succeeded where Napoleon Dynamite failed - and that's at being a decent movie centered on an overbearing teen. I'll give it a 7/10 as Arrested Development stars have a special place in my heart. The chick that played Juno did a pretty good job on the more dramatic scenes, and she did have pretty good delivery on a lot of those already too famous lines of hers...

Another film I saw tonight was Frances (1982 starring Jessica Lange). I'm glad I took a chance on this film, it was AMAZING. Some parts were a bit over the top, but it definitely made me feel for the main character... and as far as "true story" (fictional) Hollywood films go, this had me more hooked than Gia did.

8 1/2

Went back to my old favourites ie. any Michael Mann film. Watched the restored Director's Cut of Manhunter, brilliant as ever.

Also managed to squeeze in the unrated version of Miami Vice, with a few added scenes not seen in the theatrical version. Not one of his best but still great atmosphere, cinematography and music.

Mr Mann

watched the Skulls last night on Hulu.... meh I got about half way through it and lost interest.

watched the Skulls last night on Hulu.... meh I got about half way through it and lost interest.

What is it about?

collage kid who gets into a secret society / frat.

IDK, get on irc fatal

What is it about?

collage kid who gets into a secret society / frat.

IDK, get on irc fatal

Can't get on IRC, me and GC tried messing with what I have set up and now I just can't get in anymore. If anyone wants to help that would be cool.