What Movie Did you Just Watch?

GodPigeon

I really thought Scarface was the most boring piece of sh!t on this planet but of course I don't fit into the demographic that thinks this was great anyways.

I didn't think it was boring, I thought it was just flat out bad. Some cool scenes but Al Pacino's acting can't save the rest of the movie. I think it is THE MOST overrated movie ever.

I fell asleep during it. Scarface has some memorable scenes but it was a string of rubbish. Then again it was released in a decade when excessive swearing and violence still impressed people.

The Eye raped the original. I hate American cinema.

Agreed. American cinema isn't all bad though. I think remakes miss the point of and insult the original as a general rule.

I knew it was gonna happen. America's track record for every Asian horror remake have all been sh!tty. Now I have to wait for the remake of Tale of Two Sisters to be fvcked up as well and my b!tching will be complete.

The only thing they did right with The Eye was keep it's slow pace and pop the scare tactics at the right moment just like the original.

My question is how could you get so engulfed in it that you missed how bad every other part of the film was?

First, I didn't say why I was so captivated by this movie, so don't take what I said and run with it, filling in whatever blanks you feel like. Secondly near 50,000 ratings on IMDB give it a 7.9 average, so someone other than myself and a few others must like it too.

I'm not saying this movie was without it's holes and weaknesses. But the tone, setting, audio, cinematography and other elements completely pulled me in. It's rare for me to see a movie where I don't mind going to the bathroom or going for more Coke, but this film had me in a state to where there was no chance of me budging from my seat.

Was the monster a little on the weak side? I didn't have issues with it. It was what it was. Similar to something out of the game Rampage crossed with a bit of Godzilla, yeah.. so what?

The little 'flea-monsters'? Again, seen them before, more or less, but I liked them.

'Oh, no one would keep working a camera with that madness going on!'.... ok, well it IS a movie and without that element, there would have been NO movie.

The only part of the entire flick I thought wore thin was the beginning, before the attack. It was a little long, despite the attempt at character development. The rest of the movie developed the characters, not the intro. But I will agree that by the end, the characters were still a bit flat.

The overall purpose of the film was to deliver the 'personal' experience which I think it did quite well. I felt attached to them, and wanted them to succeed. I saw the ending coming a mile away, but didn't feel that it could really go any other way.

I'm suddenly bored with typing so I'll end by saying that I think, from your posting, that you have the ability to actually appreciate films on a level deeper than most. But then I see that you pretty much shoot down everyone's opinions on movies in this thread, so I'm gonna rethink that opinion. Maybe, you're just a movie viewer that is well-spoken, with poor taste in movies, despite the fact that he could potentially see movies in a light that most can't. But as it stands, it just seems like you love the opportunity to bash someone's opinion of a film rather more than actually watching movies.

Agreed. American cinema isn't all bad though. I think remakes miss the point of and insult the original as a general rule.

I knew it was gonna happen. America's track record for every Asian horror remake have all been sh!tty. Now I have to wait for the remake of Tale of Two Sisters to be fvcked up as well and my b!tching will be complete.

The only thing they did right with The Eye was keep it's slow pace and pop the scare tactics at the right moment just like the original.

Tale of Two Sisters is so flocking amazing...

Tale of Two Sisters is so flocking amazing...

Indeed, but I bet the American remake will make them go through a half ass lesbian scene a la Wild Things.

For some reason everyone of these remakes scream Uwe Boll to me. They just look like is MO.

Very good, if you like noir with a hint of comedy in between. 9/10

I loved it... or should I say I loved 2/3 of it. It took such a turn that I still don't know WTF to think. And that ending... well I finished it while barely awake so I think I'll have to watch it again.

First 2/3 = 8/10

Last 1/3 = 6/10

For right now at least.