Fix the f**king IRC channel

I've actually taken to making use of the IRC channel now, and I'm pretty sure some are aware at how disgusted I am with the fact there are FIVE (Count em, FIVE) f**king bots in channel that contradict eachother, ban users at will and cause problems in general. Not to mention bots are against every major IRC networks policy (Specifically EFNet's), if we're found with FIVE that are putting a load on the server like a chan with hundreds of people in it, by ban floods and crap, you can bet our chan will be banned and possibly everyone on it.

Why is our "Official" channel being overseen by poorly managed bots that appear to be written/handled by a 5 year old?

1: There is no need for 5 bots

2: Bots shouldn't be able to ban Opers........EVER, this can backfire badly and cause you to lose the channel if the bots config goes wonky.

3: If you're going to use bots, 2 should be used at most. 1 to protect the other if anything. Any more just causes a larger possibility of screwups.

I was just in chan again, withnessing 2 of the bots fighting over banning/unbanning a user. And in trying to get them to stop, I got banned. (For like the 10th time today) Maybe you should get someone who knows what they are doing, to create a properly working eggdrop for you guys, I'd gladly do it and give you a SINGLE bot that can protect the chan (Not five miscreants that need to be blown to kingdom come).

Until this crap is fixed, and those shatly configed bots are gone........find me in #1emu2 on EFNet

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah those bots really went to town, banning Mooney, ITFCindr, Diso and BK.

Then one of them banned another bot, and then 2 of them started fighting over it.

Really, we should move away from Efnet onto something that has proper channel controls.

I am on a channel on ForeverChat, and it has registered names (you can't impersonate someone else), and has a channel owner, and just one bot (HarryBotter). You can have owner, ops, and half-ops.

Maybe that's the way to go.

I am on a channel on ForeverChat, and it has registered names (you can't impersonate someone else), and has a channel owner, and just one bot (HarryBotter). You can have owner, ops, and half-ops.

Maybe that's the way to go.

Sounds like Rizon, only Rizon has a botserv to let you choose your own bots. Rizon also has chanserv, memoserv, and nickserv... Craploads of services.

screw Rizon, it's for weeaboos (and the ircops are really anal)

gamesurge!

LISTEN TO THIS MAN, HE SPEAKS THY TRUTH

everything in gamesurge exceed efnet in every ways GOSH! (less bots;1, limitless character count for username, registration through their webpage instead of the bot, overall better and stable imho).

You know these are probably the reasons I stop going to the efnet IRC channel because I spent and I mean everyday in the old gamesurge #1emu channel back then, it's hard to leave that place even if it's just 5 or less users in there. It's just madness and chaotic in there with just that handful of people that prevent me from leaving that place with all these epic discussion and funnies occured in there(but now it's gone ;_; )