Pakistan's opposition leader Benazir Bhutto assassinated

Alpha

First of all, she is NOT martin luther king for women. She was deemed to be corrupted which is why she lost her term last time. The only reason people support her back this time is due to Musharraf is more corrupt than her.

Still, this is a sad news and a blow to democracy. Another bad name to Islam, that's for sure.

Then she cast her self into self-exile from the country and came back last year. She is definately the lesser of two evils.

Yes, i agreed with lesser of two evils, but the Martin Luther King reference is overboard. No Asian politicians are corrupt free (maybe except for S'pore since they already received very high pays), so i always take every single bit of news with a grain of salt. Still, the assasination is uncalled for. Even al-Qaeda was blamed for the bombing. Which is the truth?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate saying it, but... how is this news now? it's always the same sh­it over there...

1. Islamic extremist loads up on rounds and explosives

2. extremist finds large group of Jews

3. extremist fires rounds... then goes boom

4. ????

5. Profit!

or vice versa... I'm just waiting for them to just blow each other to bits, so that I have to stop hearing about it. I know that's cruel to say, but they will NEVER get past their religious differences, and the middle east will sooner or later just become a smoldering pile of glass.

...I blame religion

I find it hilarious how you guys see religions, muslims and politics. Until you guys have done enough research on all three, start your opinion and not a harsh one.

Democracy + Islam = War

Its plain and simple. Its just like that episode of Family Guy how they showed when Irag turned democratic. Clothed woman turned into half naked woman etc etc. For as long as we live those two wont come together and youll all see. BTW this is not from opinion point of view. We have certian laws that we have to go by. I dont want to go into to much detail (i am not 'very' knowledgeable about the subject) and go wrong, but yeah.

I hope atheists argue themselves to death so i (we) dont have to hear anymore of their I know everything and your waisting your time.

I hope atheists argue themselves to death so i (we) don't have to hear anymore of their I know everything and your wasting your time.

yeah and I hope people get a flocking clue and realize that religion (ESPECIALLY Christianity/Judaism/Islam) is all bullshit. Luckily that's happening right now...

According to the American Religious Identification Survey, conducted by the Graduate Center of the City University of New York, the share of American adults who do not subscribe to any religion increased from 8 percent in 1990 to more than 14 percent — about 30 million people — in 2001.

(source: Washington Times)

so yeah, I'd say give humanity a thousand more years or two and religion will become obsolete. :­)

I hope atheists argue themselves to death so i (we) don't have to hear anymore of their I know everything and your wasting your time.

yeah and I hope people get a flocking clue and realize that religion (ESPECIALLY Christianity/Judaism/Islam) is all bullshit. Luckily that's happening right now...

According to the American Religious Identification Survey, conducted by the Graduate Center of the City University of New York, the share of American adults who do not subscribe to any religion increased from 8 percent in 1990 to more than 14 percent — about 30 million people — in 2001.

(source: Washington Times)

so yeah, I'd say give humanity a thousand more years or two and religion will become obsolete. :­)

Lets see the key words in your statement their:

American

Survey

a thousand more years or two

Ok who the hell was taking about America, stay on the subject....middle east

Its a survey......

And about a thousand more years or two, that sounds genius.

So according to other surveys i have seen Islam is the fastest growing religion. I see it as a SURVEY, not a fact.

Stay on topic next time :)

I find it hilarious how you guys see religions, muslims and politics. Until you guys have done enough research on all three, start your opinion and not a harsh one.

Democracy + Islam = War

Its plain and simple. Its just like that episode of Family Guy how they showed when Irag turned democratic. Clothed woman turned into half naked woman etc etc. For as long as we live those two wont come together and youll all see. BTW this is not from opinion point of view. We have certian laws that we have to go by. I dont want to go into to much detail (i am not 'very' knowledgeable about the subject) and go wrong, but yeah.

I hope atheists argue themselves to death so i (we) dont have to hear anymore of their I know everything and your waisting your time.

According with your views, then, no Muslim nation should be accepted into any international communities. If they think their laws take prevalence over commonly accepted personal freedoms then they should turn their back on the rest of the world and accept the consequences of that.

My take on that view of Islam; it is arrogant, selfish and ridiculous. I may not understand Islam, but the impression asserted by its defenders makes me think of it as a trigger-happy self-righteous collection of miscreants and dissidents who need religion to unify themselves and justify their venting of frustrations at the successes of progressive nations while they still live in squalor. Live by your own outdated and superstitious laws, see where it has got you all and then be pissed about it. Pathetic and just stupid.

Religion should be about a way of life, not a set of ritual and law. Socioeconomic backlash is all that is keeping Islam growing. As for everywhere else, I'd say the significance of theocracy will fade in 50 years if that, not 1000.

Religion should be about a way of life, not a set of ritual and law. Socioeconomic backlash is all that is keeping Islam growing. As for everywhere else, I'd say the significance of theocracy will fade in 50 years if that, not 1000.

it it actually happens in my lifetime I will be quite pleased...