FB Alpha Enhanced R7 released

Robert

Arcade emulator

Hi everyone! I know this isn't much for Christmas pre-celebration but I hope you like it. Maybe I'll do a Christmas release with more stuff.

ThanX to all who make drivers possible and still loving FBA .

R7 [December 24, 2007]:

* Included new Splash and Preview bitmaps.

* Fixed a bug when saving game configuration files, now it doesn't try to save unicode characters from game titles. This bug is present in the official FBA.

* Added BisonSAS's latest update to the Seta 2 drivers. [ThanX to BisonSAS]

* Added Epos drivers released by IQ_132 (d_epos.cpp). [ThanX to IQ_132]

* Cleaned 'Recently Played Game' code, now it's smaller, accurate and doesn't leave stuff in memory.

* Modified the FB Alpha title to FB Alpha Enhanced.

* Added an extra key to Pause a running game, now you can use the 'P' key too.

* Added directory creation code for IPS patches, if 'ips/' is not found it will be created.

* Updated 'd_neogeo.cpp' to match MAME v122 [ThanX to KOF2112].

* Imported options to save Title and Ingame preview from "FB Alpha Extras R18", now you can choose to save between four different previews for both types, the first one is the main and the other three are alternate previews. To locate this feature check out 'Misc' menu and go to "Save Preview..." option.

>> Get it HERE.

R8 [December 27, 2007]:

* New Splash bitmap.

!!!* Added OopsWare's CPS-3 preview driver (no sound, gfx problems, slow speed).[ThanX to OopsWare]

* Added IQ_132' latest updates to the Epos & Dottori Kun drivers.[ThanX to IQ_132]

* New preliminary feature! : Favorites Gamelist.

* Added BisonSAS's latest update to the OopsWare's Gals Panic driver [ThanX to BisonSAS].

* Added 'dotrikun' and 'minivadr' drivers made by IQ_132 [ThanX to IQ_132].

* Removed IPS feature, it was imported from 'FBA Plus!' and it wasn't working with newer patches.

I hate to sound like an uninformed noob, but what's this FB Alpha Enhanced's deal? What does it emulate besides, Neo-Geo, CPS1/2/3(?)

last time I checked FB Alpha was more or less dead, I guess I was wrong.

I hate to sound like an uninformed noob, but what's this FB Alpha Enhanced's deal? What does it emulate besides, Neo-Geo, CPS1/2/3(?)

The last "real" FBA release was August 10, 2007 and the forks are stilll being updated.

I can really suggest you to try the FBA build for the games it supports, because most of the time they are emulated better than in M.A.M.E. IMHO, it's easier in its GUI and its settings are also superb.

I really can recommend FBA and its forks with all CPS1/2, neo-geo games - and probably CPS3 in future.

Guess Enhanced=CPS3 emulation? and if we are to look at the emu scene aren't they all much or less dead ?

cept for MAME and a few others...we need ps3, atomiswave and naomi emus ;):angry:

and afaik the last fba build by its creator was in 2001-2002? cant be bothered to check now :angry:

FB Alpha comes to life in NeoSource where it get lot of source and drivers updated mostly by the loyal users in there, like IQ_132 (the Admin), BisonSAS, OopsWare (he did the CPS3 driver for FBA originally, now IQ_132 and I are working on it too), Treble Winner (FBA Team) goes to the forums sometimes and post updates or help.

So basically if you want to get updates of FBA you should visit NeoSource (hosted by 1Emulation too)

And returning to the FB Alpha Enhanced topic, before this build I was working on other one, if you like this one you should look to what I did for the other build :o , it is called FB Alpha Extras

and you can see it's official thread here (take some time to read every page, it should be fun :) ):

http://neosource.1emu.net/forums/index.php?topic=635.0

but Im not working on it right now, Im doing the FB Alpha Enhanced and importing everything little by little to make a final bug-free version with the latest official core of FBA (btw, this one is being built/tested on W.Vista for latest OS compatibility)

SeeYaa!

:D

Edited by CaptainCPS-X