CHRISTMAS PRESENTS!

Krosigrim

I didn't really go out to buy gifts this year, instead I gave my sister and mother money to buy gifts for me and it worked out really well. I helped pay for a bunch of expensive bags/purses, gift cards so my nephew could download songs (he doesn't know about pirating), Starbucks stuff for my aunts, and I forgot what else I helped out with. I have gifts for my friends, it's just a matter of chilling with them. Probably Friday night or something.

I didn't ask for anything this year but I still got some pretty cool stuff. I got some pants and nice shirts from Express, a really nice Calvin Klein shirt, money, $100 gift card to Circuit City and candy and some movie with Jamie Foxx.

I'm feeling a little guilty, though... my mom got me this stereo/alarm clock thing for my iPod. I asked her if there was anyone else she could give it to since I don't need it and I think she got a little upset. Blah.

Why the heck did you tell her that genius?

What's better - a gift collecting dust since it's honestly not wanted or needed by the recipient or it being put to use by someone else? I don't go as far as asking myself that, but it is my mindset.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going out tomorrow and picking up 1 or 2 more, as EB is having a sale of used Xboxes for $30.

WHAT!!!!! (*)&^@)*&^@)#&^)(!*@#&*!@#*(^@!#*(&!@^#&*(!@#...... EM just spent like 60 bucks on mine... Ill kill EB. Or just they're employees. you might say, "hey, it's only 30 bucks in difference, but damn it... Perhaps I can take it back....... See what happens? I got cheap somewhere down the line.

Yea, gift giving, is so much better than receiving. especially when you nail it. like something that is perfect, but they had no clue what it was, or gave no thought to getting one in the first place.

This deal is probably only in Canada.

For people in the USA, the best and only deal for the used XBOX at EB is $60.

Here's an ad-scan for their day after Christmas deals:

fsi1226077bm0.jpg

http://www.ebgames.com/gs/weeklyad/current...Stop-122607.pdf

i got a dart board, dvd (Robin Hood Men in Tights), my mom and dad gave me cash (they wanted to buy me a Rose Bowl ticket since my school's team will be playing in it, but i had to get it myself before christmas, they basically paid me back for it), a mousepad from my aunt that had a Block I and my name on it, shirts and hoodies, and food...

also, ping pong paddles and balls for school (there is a table in the Rec Room in tbe dorms, but my house has no such table...)

Edited by gymnist1026

[part 2]

Well I got to visit my folks. That was great. Got alittle cash. That helps. Spoke to my grandma about the family tree and ate till my stomach couldn't hold anymore. Mom sent me home with major amounts of cookies, and two more plates of Christmas dinner. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Got my mom a small Bamboo sapling or trimming, whatever, she loved it. So time with loved ones is my greatest gift. Now Im with EM and the Holiday is complete.... (she brought me cheesecake)

Ping Pong? My mom used to play alot. Modded paddles with sandpaper instead of rubber pegs. Think they had MAME too. Awesome paddles.

I got my son a nokia n800. that thing is pretty f'in cool. got my wife a new digital camera. my girls are still little so they got mostly toys. I got some comfy flannel pajama pants and a johnny cash t-shirt.

crap i didnt even say what i gave i was pretty much in the giving mode this yr. my kids got various toys,books,puzzles, kiddie games for the pc, and clothing. i got my wife some cash,some cookware she has been dieing for, and a very nice diamond necklace. i gave my parents a laptop and my father in law a laptop(im so sure they were begging for one neither of them will use them cept for prolly portable dvd players). gave all the neices and nephews various toys and dvds. Having a christmas savings account really paid off this yr.