best arcade games developer!

fumanchu

sega

namco

taito

irem

konami

cave.......and so on

who do you think has brought out the best and most influencial games.

personally i think sega,they were the first to introduce hydraulic cabs in arcade gaming,and the first to introduce 3d gaming,and oh yeah and their games especially daytona.

You left out Capcom and SNK...

I'd agree though. Sega is the king of gaming for all time.

yeah i know thats why there is "cave.......and so on"

i would probably rate capcom second,i know streetfighter 2 is an excellent game and defined a genre,i still think that a lot of the games they were putting out before 91 were influential.games like black tiger,strider,final fight....all excellent games,playability on these early capcom games was immense.

Edited by fumanchu

personally i think sega,they were the first to introduce hydraulic cabs in arcade gaming,and the first to introduce 3d gaming,and oh yeah and their games especially daytona.

Yeah, I agree with you.

Following Sega, I reckon Capcom (Final Fight, SF2), Konami (Gradius), Atari (Gauntlet, Toobin', 720') then Taito (Bubble Bobble).

how do you guys feel about the current state of arcades?

every time i go into my local arcade it just feels like well nothing,to me anyway you just walk around and all you see is a bunch of dance dance revolution machines and older coin-ops.and their charging a small fortune just to play the darn things. :(