Somewhat stupid question

keithm

I'm new to the whole flashcard thing, so bear with me. I Just bought a R4DS. I'm in over my head with the whole slot-1 slot-2 passme flashme stuff. With the R4DS will I need anything to play NDS games (other than a MicroSD card of course)? Also, can I play GBA roms with this, or will I need a seperate device?

I'm new to the whole flashcard thing, so bear with me. I Just bought a R4DS. I'm in over my head with the whole slot-1 slot-2 passme flashme stuff. With the R4DS will I need anything to play NDS games (other than a MicroSD card of course)? Also, can I play GBA roms with this, or will I need a seperate device?

1. No, you just need an micro SD card

2. As of right now, there is no way to play GBA games with slot-1. the exception is slot 1 carts that can use a special slot 2 expansion pack, like the EZ flash V

Edited by Reaper man

Thanks for the help guys. I have a follow up question though. Can anyone recommend a good Slot-2 device that will work with my R4DS? Do the two cards even have to be compatible?

I use an EZ-Flash 3-in-1 with my R4. It's a RAM expansion, rumble pack, and a GBA flashcart.