3.80 Dumped + decrypted, 3.80 CFW in development

Mooney

3.80 dumped and decrypted:

They have only changed the keys of the tables of filenames. The prx's keys are the same than in 3.7X.

However, there is a little surprise in a form of new compression algorithm called KL4E, this time sysmem and loadcore are also compressed.

Plus... again new nids.

Source

3.80 CFW and a new PSP design:

While working on the future 3.80M33, we found a VERY interesting string in the IPL's playload: "/kd/pspbtcnf_03g.bin"

For those who do not understand here is a bit of history:

since 2.71 and especially in 2.80, we could see a string refering to pspbtcnf_02g which suggested the support of a new hardware or at least of a new operative mode. Later with the slim release we found out that the slim's codename was this infamous 02g (proably standing for second generation) and that it used the _02g modules as well as pspbtcnf_02g

.bin. It means that they worked on slim firmware/kernel for months before the actual hardware was announced/released.

We believe it is the same with the 3rd generation hardware which they are now preparing for sure. Will it be yet another lighter (and pandora proof) psp or will it be the new psp phone ? Time will tell

Source

better not be a third version cuz the slim haven't been out for that long so a third version would make everyone unhappy(me)

• 1 month later...

Wonder if anyone has install this 3.80 M33?

i tried to enable Popstation on it but unsuccessful.

i have put the SEPLUGINS folder in the root folder but the folder didn't show up. Need some guidance here.

did u try using the new Popstation made for 3.80m-33? i haven't tried it but i know that's the only one that'll work with 3.80 m-33

Mmh... the third gen of PSP?

I wonder, why $ony always gave there Consoles a new cosmetiv look and try to say: "here is it, a lot better and cooler" but most of the time they only have produced a cheaper version.

Well I would prefer that...

The new PSP has functions that the old one doesn't- so when they release things like Skype or those new accessories that are Slim & Lite only, it is kinda insulting to all those people with the older version.

The PS2 and PSX remodels had the same essential functionality as the originals and I think it is a mistake for that to not be the case with the PSP.