sad 360 story!

fumanchu

i bought a 360 abut a month ago,and ive been thinking about getting it flashed,so last week i took it to this guy who owed me a favour and he said he would flash my 360.its the newest model with the benq dvd drive.now i know you can flash the benq so anyway i waited and waited,until he told me that the dvddrive was bricked.now he says its because its the newest model of benq drive and that the firmware was the latest,but he told me that his pc detected the dvd key and when he tried to flash,he said something about the file being corrupt coz it was the newest version.now hes telling me hes gonna send it away to get unbricked if this is possible,i dont know enough about 360 flashing.and he said it should flash after that.

im a bit worried here in case it gets ruined.

anyone know if its possible to unbrick a 360 dvd drive?

Edited by fumanchu

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best bet is to take this question to more 360 oriented forums. Some of hte links we got to tuts should take you there.

Basically he is feeding you excuses. It is your friend's fault for not knowing what to do that the drive bricked.

thats exactly what i thought,but hes telling me now itll be wednesday now this sucks! :)

Umm, who's he sending it to? You're better off sending it to Microsoft yourself than trusting this guy with it.

yes but hes already opened it and bricked the drive so i think my warrantys void.

You want A Sad 360 story? Ive got two.

1. I went to Circuit City and guess what i saw?? The Xbox 360 with one Red ring of death, and the screen is telling everyone to go to support.

2. Today i went to gamestop and they had the 360 with all 3 Red rings of Death. Thats PATHETIC.

ok bit of an update,my 360 is still not fixed and now the guy who tried to originally flash it says he is going to have to send it to microsoft.he says for the trouble he will give me 6 games(backups) for free coz of the inconvenience.its going to cost him money to get it repaired,i just hope he isnt stringing me along. :P