PS3 be controlled by DS?

dbn045

Is this possible? I thought it might be possible because with a psp you can but i don't have a psp i have a ds and it would be sweet if i could control my ps3 with it. I tried googling it but i didin't find anything. So if anyone knows anything about this please let me know. Thanks

• 2 months later...
very unlikely.

I agree. you would probably have more luck controlling your TV with a cell phone.

the only similarity between a PSP and DS is that they are both handheld. no way a Sony PS3 would accept some tiny Nintendo DS, being lifetime enemies :clapping:

maybe it is, with some serious hardware modding and some really specific software. maybe messing around with the DS so long, that it thinks to be a wireless gamepad. but that would have no point, be very difficult and utterly pointless.

Edited by Random Hero

very unlikely.

I agree. you would probably have more luck controlling your TV with a cell phone.

the only similarity between a PSP and DS is that they are both handheld. no way a Sony PS3 would accept some tiny Nintendo DS, being lifetime enemies :D

maybe it is, with some serious hardware modding and some really specific software. maybe messing around with the DS so long, that it thinks to be a wireless gamepad. but that would have no point, be very difficult and utterly pointless.

....Do I know you? I had a friend with that same handle for a while...if not...heya!!! :clapping:

afaik the ps3 uses bluetooth for the connection between machine and controller, same as the wii. The ds uses that other wifi standard (802.11b/g i think).

Then again the wii has a single example (pokemon battle revolution) where the ds can be used as a controller, but i think it 'switches on' input from a wifi source for the wii.

Ideally u'd want an example where the ps3 and the psp interact in some way (like that rear view mirror mode for the psp they promoted with a racing game at e3), to see how that functionality likewise becomes available, if its at all different from the standard data transfer (ie not one way).

It all sounds a bit long winded just for the novelty of using a Nintendo handheld as a controller for a Sony machine. I suppose the irony would be it wouldn't be the first time Nintendo tech has been used for Sony controllers :) .

Edited by basilbr