I Am Legend

Gryph

SPOILERS!!!!

the cg looked crappy. they could have explained more. like was it the zombie who set the trap for smith, or has smith just gone crazy and didn't remember setting it. what was the stuff and what was the purpose of the crap he was squirting on his doorstep the first time he went home. ect. ect. ect. I mean will smith did a good job. he was able to make the movie interesting when it was basically just him on the screen 90% of the time. I believed him when he was cracking up in the video store. and when the dog died. I feel like the story was only half told. and like I said. its basically just 28 days later with cgi and less actors.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You raise valid points, inky. But i think the purpose of the movie is not to be heavy on CGI in the first place. The movie is trying to potray the character's loneliness that is bordering on madness and extreme obsession and i say it succeeds on that due to Smith's strong potrayal. Especially when he had to kill his dog. wow, that is really a sad part.

And the best part is no bgm on the movie! Wow, it really make the world more quiet and desolate. I like it. Not every movie can pull it off.

As i mention, the only WTF moment for me is the ending. I was, what? It's the end already?!? yeah, more things could be fleshed out in the movie. Still pretty decent IMO.

so maybe it should have been called "i am another rehashed genre movie looking to make a quick buck"

does that sound about right?

Oh hell yea it is. But is was at least.... half decent.

And the best part is no bgm on the movie!

Actually, there was BGM. At a certain point, there was BGM that EM caught, as she had just noticed there was none, then she caught it. Something frantic as she recalls, but I don't remember.

The stuff he sprayed, killed his scent. Which was silly, because his scent would be all over the car, and door handle. The movie was filled with a few holes I caught. Which took me even further out of the movie. But him getting caught by that trap, was great, because you had to come up with your own answer about what happened. Movies need alot more of that, as I hate when they spell everything out. I think that he set the trap, but was cracked and forgot. And they didn't spell it out... because it doesn't really matter. It was 1 of two options. Perhaps the zombie/vampire guy did it, as he seemed to be watching him for some time already, and seemed to be an alpha. Hell, he had some dogs ready..... But I doubt the zombie/vampire/alpha/bigmouth could have done it. But who knows. So I liked that part.

I want to say that the lead zombie guy mimiced Smith's action and did the trap on him. I mean, they are probably watching him from the dark buildings. Plus, I doubt Smith would have forgot about his own trap because that dummy was there and obviously he doesn't move his own dummies around

I can agree with that, BUT.... He is wacked out of his mind by now.... and perhaps he did forget. But then again, why would he set a trap there? it make sno sense... and the zombie alpha looked prepared. In any event, we are forced to debate between scenarios, and that is cool!!!

Well, I could counter that he is wacked but he is completely thrown off by that dummy and flips out completely. Plus, That dark hole was behind that dummy so it was kinda like it was prepared by the head zombie. Btw, I didn't really this thread beforehand but did anyone think that the zombie was in the hoodie when you first glanced at him (when the dummy was moved)

I tend to agree, because it was too convenient, had dogs too. For Wil to set the trap, it had no value being there, it would have made no sense. But the method of the trap, had me guessing, as it had to take intelligence, and that zombie/alpha was a moron. And BTW, that trap is impossible. It would never work, not the way they played it out to be.

I think it was a poor attempt at suggesting the disease was evolving and enabling the infected to think critically. I also figured the point of the trap was revenge for kidnapping an infected woman that was possibly his significant other.

Edited by Salorskin

Well, I could counter that he is wacked but he is completely thrown off by that dummy and flips out completely. Plus, That dark hole was behind that dummy so it was kinda like it was prepared by the head zombie. Btw, I didn't really this thread beforehand but did anyone think that the zombie was in the hoodie when you first glanced at him (when the dummy was moved)

I totally did, and it kinda startled me a little. But....

I think he set the trap and left the dummy out there as a decoy, to lure to zombie things out there to step into the trap. I thought that he was so caught up in seeing the mannequin move that he forgot about the trap. and sure, maybe he set so many...and forgot where they all were? Also...he seemed pretty delirious, and crazy....How would any of you act, if you were alone for 3 years with the exception of your dog, and zombies, and if you thought that you were the last person on earth? you'd probably act pretty crazy....

So, that's my theory on it.

I think it was a poor attempt at suggesting the disease was evolving and enabling the infected to think critically. I also figured the point of the trap was revenge for kidnapping an infected woman that was possibly his significant other.

um...I coulda sworn his wife died......

I totally did, and it kinda startled me a little. But....

I think he set the trap and left the dummy out there as a decoy, to lure to zombie things out there to step into the trap. I thought that he was so caught up in seeing the mannequin move that he forgot about the trap. and sure, maybe he set so many...and forgot where they all were? Also...he seemed pretty delirious, and crazy....How would any of you act, if you were alone for 3 years with the exception of your dog, and zombies, and if you thought that you were the last person on earth? you'd probably act pretty crazy....

So, that's my theory on it.

um...I coulda sworn his wife died......

Salorskin was referring to the infected guy being upset at Will Smith for kidnapping that lady.